Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Charts missing data in MCX Futures for last 25 mins everyday

Hi,

The charts on MCX Futures are missing data everyday, for the last 25 minutes of the trading day. You can check it on SILVER 1!-MCX or GOLD 1!-mcx etc.

The Exchange timings for MCX are currently from 10:00 to 23:55 IST. However Esignal 11.5 SP1 shows the timings as 10:00 to 23:30 IST.

MCX changes the closing time two times every year to coincide with DST shift for Comex and Nymex timings.

Esignal should be able to get the market timings correctly automatically from the exchange itself. Is there any reason why it fails to do it automatically?

No Response even after 11 days of posting the thread. Am I the only one here facing this problem?
    Last edited by Nitin; 01-22-2013, 03:22 AM.

Comment

If you set a time template in the program to go from 10:00 to 23:55 exchange time, does it still miss the data?
      Thank you,
      Eric O.
      eSignal Support

Comment

Originally posted by eostrom View Post
        If you set a time template in the program to go from 10:00 to 23:55 exchange time, does it still miss the data?
        Now it does show the missing data on MCX futures after I change the time time template to 10:00 to 23:56 exchange time. But this makes other exchanges like comex, nymex miss all data which occurs between 10 to 23:56 IST, which is a even bigger problem as I need both MCX and Comex Charts.

Session settings set as 'Auto' should work automatically but it does not. I shouldn't have to set Custom session timings for every exchange I subscribe to. It would take me many hours to change settings on each and every Style Template and all the Custom Pages I have saved over some time. I would have to do this work each and every time exchange timings changes for DST or any other reason. Very disappointing idea.

Comment

We have the ability to set various time templates for this very reason. The auto time template should work, you are correct, but with exchanges that frequently change their hours (bovspa, MCX) it is going to be less accurate. This is why we have the time templates in the program, so that clients can create whatever time templates they like. I will work on getting the auto time template adjusted, but I am not sure when that will take place. Thank you.
          Thank you,
          Eric O.
          eSignal Support

Comment

Can't you increase the closing time of MCX on Auto Template to 11.55 P.M. IST for the whole year as default? This way even when the exchange changes its closing time to 11.30 P.M. IST there will be no missing data in the Intraday Charts for the last 25 minutes of the day.

Comment

The auto time template is something that we can look into adjusting, but this issue could be resolved with just creating a custom time template as I mentioned above. Is there a reason this isn't working for you?
              Thank you,
              Eric O.
              eSignal Support

Comment

Working...
              X