This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Going back in time in charts

Gentlemen: I am trying to have my current 6E #F chart go back to 11-22-2012. I have gone to the time template and used the following settings:
    Auto
    Data Range: Dynamic
    Sessions: Start time 1 a.m. EST End time 17:00 EST

I have also tried the Data Range of Fixed with the range set at 400 days.

When I try this, the earliest it goes back is to 6/10/2013.

My question is .... Can an eSignal chart go back that far and if so how do I do it. By the way, I am using a 1 minute chart. When I change my chart to daily it does go all the way back to 11-22-2012, so again does eSignal not go back that far for a 1 minute chart?

Thanks for anyone that can help and have a Happy Thanksgiving.
    Mark w.

Mark

Intraday data can go back years [how far back depends on the instrument]. As you can see in the following screenshot I can go back to 11/22/2012 (and beyond) on 1 minute chart of 6E #F

That said to access more than the 120 days of intraday data provided as standard you need to have the Extended Intraday add-on service.
    For more information see this article in the eSignal KnowledgeBase
    Happy Thanksgiving to you too
    Alex

Originally posted by MokeyW View Post
    Gentlemen: I am trying to have my current 6E #F chart go back to 11-22-2012. I have gone to the time template and used the following settings:
    Auto
    Data Range: Dynamic
    Sessions: Start time 1 a.m. EST End time 17:00 EST

I have also tried the Data Range of Fixed with the range set at 400 days.

When I try this, the earliest it goes back is to 6/10/2013.

My question is .... Can an eSignal chart go back that far and if so how do I do it. By the way, I am using a 1 minute chart. When I change my chart to daily it does go all the way back to 11-22-2012, so again does eSignal not go back that far for a 1 minute chart?

Thanks for anyone that can help and have a Happy Thanksgiving.
    Mark w.

Comment

Alex: Thanks for your help. Did not know I had to sign up for the extended intraday add-on service, but now I do. Will sign up for it. Happy Thanksgiving again and also have a great holiday season.
      Mark W.

Comment

Mark
        You are welcome and Happy Holidays to you too
        Alex

Originally posted by MokeyW View Post
        Alex: Thanks for your help. Did not know I had to sign up for the extended intraday add-on service, but now I do. Will sign up for it. Happy Thanksgiving again and also have a great holiday season.
        Mark W.

Comment

Working...
        X