Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How much historical data does eSignal carry?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi Wilson,

All data is stored in Universal Time (UT). The DST offset then occurs as you make a request from w/in eSignal based on your time zone preferences.

On the data issue, I see data on that symbol from 4/2/2007 so I'd try again. Next troubleshooting step would be to see where you are connecting and try to duplicate. Please call us if that's the case.

Thanks.

Comment

• Thank you again for your quick reply, Scott .

So far everything had went well, however I seem to be a bit unclear whether the downloaded EUR A0-FX historical data has been adjusted with DST or should I correct them manually one by one?

I've exported the EUR A0-FX historical data into csv, with 3 different timezones. Which one of these three has been corrected with DST?

1. Local Timezone (as I reside in Indonesia)
      2. GMT (...is it similar with Universal Time?)
      or
      3. Exchange Timezone (BTW, the exported historical data seems to have the same timezone as GMT timezone. They're both similar. How could that be?)

Thank you.

Regards,
      Wilson

Comment

• Forex contracts appear to be listed in GMT

DST Offsets occur based on calendar and specs.tab files on our servers and I'm not sure if we have a specific setting for Indonesia or not. I'd just experiment a little and I'm sure you'll see the pattern.

Sorry for the delay in answering. I missed your reply last week.

Thanks.

Comment

• Tick data

Any new info on when the tick data will be extended?

anders

Comment

• Hi,

We released 40 days worth of ticks earlier this month. This particular thread had gotten so off-topic, I forgot to update it!

Here's the notice:

http://forum.esignal.com/showthread....threadid=33625

Thanks.

Comment

• Tick data for 3rd party and API Applications

Will eSignal expand tick data for 3rd party and API applications?

If so when?

Thanks,
              Peyton

Comment

• Hi Peyton,

I do think you'll see us make this extended data available via our API but not until we have a new API security system in place, which is in the works. We're probably 6+ mos out still but once that's in place, we will have much more control over how 3p's make data requests and avoid the possibility that a 3p might bring down a server(s) by overtaxing it. That's the principal reason we haven't extended the extra data to 3p's thus far.

Thanks.

Comment

• How are things going on the extended data for 3p's?

Originally posted by ScottJ
                  Hi Peyton,

I do think you'll see us make this extended data available via our API but not until we have a new API security system in place, which is in the works. We're probably 6+ mos out still but once that's in place, we will have much more control over how 3p's make data requests and avoid the possibility that a 3p might bring down a server(s) by overtaxing it. That's the principal reason we haven't extended the extra data to 3p's thus far.

Thanks.

Comment

• We are making progress with our new API security mechanisms so hopefully, we'll have some tangible results to report in a few more months.

Thanks.

Comment

• do you have an ETA on 3p's for extended data yet?

would love to hear that it coming real soon

thanks

Comment

• Sorry for the long delay in responding but I missed this post. 3p's were given access to extended history earlier this year. Please check with the 3p you use for their timetable on supporting the extended history.

Thanks.

Comment

Working...
                        X