Clean Install of esignal on WIN 10

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clean Install of esignal on WIN 10

I thought I saw somewhere how to do a "clean" install of esignal on Windows 10. The kb only has up to 7. Seems like one config file remains when I try using that one. Please help if possible.

Hello TradingwithJoe,

The directories between windows 10 and 7 are not that different, so you can use the same instructions for Windows 10 as you can on Windows 7. If you have a couple of files that remained that would mean that you have the UAC enabled on your account. The files that would remain behind would be the Winsig.ini & Winros.ini. They would be located in the %UserProfile%\AppData\Local\Virtual Store\Windows.

AveryH
    eSignal Support
    Last edited by eSignal_AveryH; 10-16-2016, 04:00 PM.

Comment

Thank you Avery, Managed to do a clean install. However it did not solve my problem of not being able to connect to a twitter account to post charts. It wont pop up the authorize app page.

Comment

Did you make sure you've selected the Twitter in the Application Properties? And will you get the page if you right click on the Chart titlebar and select Share on Twitter?

Last edited by eSignal_AveryH; 10-16-2016, 09:51 PM.

Comment

Yes. I use that and Stocktwits. The issue is it wont pop up the "authorize app" page on twitter. When you try and "sign in" the "authorize app" page does not open in a browser. Never had a problem. Same issue on two computers. Can you check on this?

Comment

Yes. I use that and Stocktwits. The issue is it wont pop up the "authorize app" page on twitter. When you try and "sign in" the "authorize app" page does not open in a browser. Never had a problem. Same issue on two computers. Can you check on this? Here is a screenshot -
            https://gyazo.com/f2943b9379211af549b2893161fc0f0e

Comment

Hi Tradewithjoe,
              First let me apologize for the delay in getting back with you. I'm unable to duplicate what you're reporting. When I right click on the chart I do get the browser window. What version Windows are you working with?

My best guess as to what's happening is you're using Windows 10 and you're are or not the Admin of the machine. What you can do is Run the eSignal as Administrator (Right click on the eS icon on the desktop and select Run As Administrator). Let the application launch and see if you experience the same issue.

Avery

Comment

Working...
              X