Spread Calculations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spread Calculations

I was trying to set up a ratio spread of two indices using the [Tools][Spread Symbol Settings] and I'm not having any luck. If I use a single stock symbol or index there are no problems viewing the chart using [Tools][Spread Symbol Settings] except when I do a calculation. If I add a value or divide by a stock or index nothing happens.

What going on? I hate to do relative strength calculations to get this information.

Thanks

Re: Spread Calculations

usgvince
    You could be typing the spread incorrectly in the Spread Symbol Settings. See this article in the eSignal KnowledgeBase for the instructions on how to define spreads in eSignal
    Should the problem persist [even after reviewing the article] post the spread symbol that is not working at your end so that someone else can try to replicate the issue
    Alex

Originally posted by usgvince
    I was trying to set up a ratio spread of two indices using the [Tools][Spread Symbol Settings] and I'm not having any luck. If I use a single stock symbol or index there are no problems viewing the chart using [Tools][Spread Symbol Settings] except when I do a calculation. If I add a value or divide by a stock or index nothing happens.

What going on? I hate to do relative strength calculations to get this information.

Thanks

Comment

Figured out the spread calculation

I was not putting a space between the symbol and operand. Everything is working fine.

Thanks

Comment

Re: Figured out the spread calculation

usgvince
        You are welcome and I am glad to hear it is now working fine
        Alex

Originally posted by usgvince
        I was not putting a space between the symbol and operand. Everything is working fine.

Thanks

Comment

Working...
        X