Lost a window

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lost a window

I know with regular windows in the actual OS (XP Vista) to get a disappeared window back on the screens - you can right click on the bottom task bar tabs - select move - then hit one of the arrow keys, and that will reel it back in.
    Here is my problem:
    I have four monitors and 11 charts. one monitor has the MAIN esignal window expanded inside it but ALL the other windows are outside of the main and are floating.
    I changed my configuration of monitors around this weekend and I cant get to 1 of my charts. (of course the most important one) and if I right click on the chart tab, (at the bottom - which resides inside a GROUPED bunch of windows) I get nothing.
    Anyone know how to reel this in ?

Graham

Re: Lost a window

Graham

I changed my configuration of monitors around this weekend and I cant get to 1 of my charts....
    In the main menu of eSignal select Window-> Redock Floating Windows
    Alex

Originally posted by GDAVIS01
    I know with regular windows in the actual OS (XP Vista) to get a disappeared window back on the screens - you can right click on the bottom task bar tabs - select move - then hit one of the arrow keys, and that will reel it back in.
    Here is my problem:
    I have four monitors and 11 charts. one monitor has the MAIN esignal window expanded inside it but ALL the other windows are outside of the main and are floating.
    I changed my configuration of monitors around this weekend and I cant get to 1 of my charts. (of course the most important one) and if I right click on the chart tab, (at the bottom - which resides inside a GROUPED bunch of windows) I get nothing.

Graham

Comment

The re-docking will work but it's such a pain, especially if the disappearing act occurs during the middle of the trading day.

What I do is make sure that I have every window style that I used saved. That's as simple as saving the window under a specific name.

Then, you just open up a new default chart window, right-click in it and then go to Styles->Load... and pick the previously saved window style (that you named in a way that is obvious to you as to what kind of chart window style you want).

Later, outside of trading hours, you can re-dock all your windows and delete the extra window that you can't find.

Comment

thank you much

Comment

Working...
        X