Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• esignal 240min chart makes trouble

hallo,

yesterday my 240min chart had the interval 0:00 - 4:00, 4:00 - 8:00, 8:00 - 12:00 and so forth.

this is surely the right interval and i had never a real problem with that. important indicators are basing on that. also multiple timeframe indicatoren, lets say daily on 240min chart.

this morning i look at the chart and it looks different as midnight.

the point ist, now the 240min chart has the interval from 23:00 - 3:00, 3:00 - 7:00, and so forth. there must be a reason for and i dont know it. also i would have never opened this pos. based on this new interval from 23:00 - 3:00. i cant work so for obvious reasons.

the bar before last current bar in the 240min chart starts from 7:00 next from 11:00 and the current bar from 12:00!!!

i dont need that, really... reload and and restart doesnt work. symbol is eur a0-fx

so pls give me an explanation, why this has happen, will it happen again and how can i know, when it will happen again.

this shift in the time interval happend from 28.12.06 to 29.12.06, i live in GMT+1 zone(Berlin, Athen...)

thank u and happy new year
    Last edited by G.Galilei; 12-29-2006, 04:33 AM.

Hello G. Galilei,
    Its is very unusual that your chart would simply change it start and end times. A couple of things that you can try are,

Are you using a time template on the chart?
    If so can you remove it and try just using a 240 interval from the edit symbol window?
    If not can you add a custom template that is setup to start collecting data at midnight and going the 24 hours?
    You also may want to check the indicators.
    Are you using any third party or custom indicators?
    Have you added any new ones in the last day or so?

This is a good place to start and if you're still having problem will let us know.

AveryH
    eSignal Support.

Comment

hallo,

i think esignal is having HEAVY problems at the moment. at least i look at it in this way. in the charts above no indicator or anything esle is loaded. the missing 12/28/06 and the completely destroyed 12/29/06 is definitely a server error. i have tried to connected to different servers but this didnt help.

after opening this thread i contacted the live support and the answer was:"it seems we are having an issue here. i will talk to a technican."

the 240min chart had for sure the whole last month always the interval starting from 0:00 to 4:00, ect. maybe u have changed something and i dont know.

i select the 240min period by activating the corresponding chart window via a mouse click on it and then simply type "240" into my keyboard + pressing the "enter key".

however, due to my own mistake i havent make any screenshot from it, but u must believe me that i never have seen another 240min standart esignal interval before, it always had this interval from 0:00am - 4:00am, and on friday it suddenly shifted to 11:00pm - 1:00am.

and there was also a bar before the last current bar with an interval from 7:00am - 11:00am and the current bar started from 12:00, then from 4:00pm and so forth. but it seems to be disappeared, all bars are starting from odd numbers, 3:00, 7:00, ect.

i have own indicators programmed, one of them is used to show a daily average on intraday charts.

but when i was using my own indicators the first time, there was for sure no problem with them. it has started last friday, which means they have worked about one week without any complications.

however, am i able to take influence on the starting time of a intraday bar? and if so, how can i do that?
      i dont know for sure how esignal's default setting is but i want the first 240min bar of a new day starting at the opening of the asian market at UTC(GMT)+9 o'clock.
      if im not completely wrong, this should also be the beginning of a new forex traiding day.
      i guess, with a bar stating at 11:00pm i will get trouble. the day will have already started on the 240min chart or has still running when the new day on the daily chart starts. depending on how u will look at it.

hope to see u next year with good news.

wish u (all) a happy new year

Comment

looks like the shown start time of the bar is wrong. it has gegun at 19:00 o'clock system time. anyway, its not confidence-building.

if this really is MEZ time, then it is unacceptable that the first 240 min bar of a day begins at 3:00 o'clock, so that it doesnt fall together with the beginning of a new daily bar which should be at 0:00(GMT+1/ Systemtime) or 23:00 GMT, right?

UPDATE:

look at the bar's start time at 20:00, its like it should be so that the next 240min bar starts at 0:00 o'clock and falls together with the beginning new daily bar and fits to the shown red daily based indicator.

the bar before the current bar shows still16:00 as start time.

friends, u have serious troubles, no doubts, and i hope u will get it fixed VERY!!! soon.

23:24 (MEZ) UPDATE:

the bar's starting time at 16:00 in the upper 240min chart is now adjusted to 19:00(see below). looks like the corrent's bar starting time will later be adjusted from 20:00 to 23:00... FIX PLS!!!

0:09 (MEZ) UPDATE:

here is the assumed update of the bar's starting time from 20:00 to 23:00.
        its clear now, that the bar's starting times are 3hours to late and that this error appears after a bar is finished.
        and it means also, that the day in the 240min bar starts like it should, with a bar starting at 00:00 o'clock.

hope this little documentation helps to fix it. fortunately the error isnt that bad as i thought at the beginning. but should be fixed however soon and without too much work...

happy new year
        Last edited by G.Galilei; 01-01-2007, 03:19 PM.

Comment

pls download the correspondig efs.file from here:
          http://share.esignal.com/groupconten...r=&groupid=983

Last edited by G.Galilei; 01-02-2007, 05:04 AM.

Comment

I too have simular problems with 240 min charts. Esignal is indeed having some serious problems with regards to forex data. They don't seem to talk about it much. I suppose not many people use 240 min charts.

I have been an esignal subscriber for 4+ months and have been very patient in waiting for this problem to be fixed.

But enough is enough, someone from esignal needs to give us an ETA on when this will be fixed.

Regards,
            Mark

Comment

Forex Data

Originally posted by oortcloud
              Esignal is indeed having some serious problems with regards to forex data. They don't seem to talk about it much.
              what forex data problems have you been seeing? I am new to forex and just started to look at the Forex feed from esignal (I am subscribed to "FX GTIS Foreign Exchange Rates") which I assume is a good source of Forex data, although I have noticed it differs from the data I get from MB Trading's forex feed. ( https://www.mbtrading.com/fx/default.asp )

I would be interested to hear experiences (positive and negative) from existing users in regards to whether the esignal forex feed is good or not?

Thanks.

Comment

Overall the esignal data for forex is excellent for intraday charts less that 1 hour. But they seem to be having problems with displaying long time frames like 240 minute charts. Also my daily charts look very strange sometimes. The last bar will be a large ways off for several hours.

If I understand the problem right, the data is solid, but it is not displayed properly due to timezone offset issues.

Check this thread out:

http://forum.esignalcentral.com/show...threadid=19773

240 minute charts (and daily) are important to me so this is a big issue. If esignal was a free service I could understand these problems, but its not. For this to be going on so long really irratates me.

Regards,
                Mark

Comment

G.Galilei and oortcloud
                  See this thread for a possible solution to the problem you are experiencing with intervals greater than 60 minutes
                  Alex

Comment

Alexis,

I'm already using the proper time template, and other users have confirmed this same problem so I know its not just me or my computer.

Have you ever used FOREX 240 min charts during the trading day? If so then you will see they are way off sometimes. Mostly the last bar but sometimes many other bars are off too.

Its sunday and not much is going on in forex so the charts look fine on my system, but later they will be off quite a bit. They always are.

I realize you do not work for esignal but we really do need someone from esignal to respond with some sort of ETA on when this will be fixed. Its been going on too long.

Regards,
                    Mark

Comment

alex,

what about this?

used setting: im living in GMT+1 timezone...

im afraid of it isnt a time template issue, like
                      oortcloud has already said.
                      Last edited by G.Galilei; 01-08-2007, 03:54 AM.

Comment

G.Galilei
                        From what I see you are not actually implementing the suggestion I provided at the linked thread.
                        To do that you would need to set the Start-End times in your Time Template to 09:00-09:00 which would correspond to midnight Pacific Time plus the timezone offset.
                        Regardless as I indicated in my prior message this is a "possible solution" and it may not resolve the problem you are seeing.
                        Hope this helps
                        Alex

Comment

sry alex, if my post made u feeling offended. u know, ur help is most welcome.

Comment

G.Galilei
                            No offense taken at all.
                            Alex

Comment

30pips...GONE ?

Last edited by G.Galilei; 01-09-2007, 02:41 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X