Esignal end-of-day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Esignal end-of-day

Is there is a product page dedicated to Esignal EOD?

I'd like to know what markets it covers. Could someone point me to the right direction?

bf2,

with eSignal EOD you will be able to get US and Canadian Equities and all Future exchanges.

A data availability matrix is available on our webside and includes all eSignal products.

General information including pricing can be found here.
    Christine B.
    eSignal

Comment

There is one statement in the product description page, that's slightly confusing. It says "eSignal End-of-Day service is available after market hours only, from 1:30 p.m. to 6:00 a.m. PT".

Does that mean I cannot view the EOD data offline and the product will actually fail to start if I try to run it outside market hours? What if I want to see during the market hours today where the market closed yesterday? Can I do that?

Thanks.

Comment

Hi bf2,

The End of Day product does not allow you access to the data feed during US market hours.

If launched during market hours, it kindly reminds you of the hours of the End Of Day product (6:00am - 1:30pm PST). The applications will not close but you will not receive any data in any of the window until 30 minutes after the market closes. eSignal does not have an offline mode so there would be no way of accessing any historical days data during market hours.

AveryH
        eSignal Support

Comment

Merry Christmas to all.

I'd like to report a bug in eSignal end of day. The data is available outside US market hours. Today is the Christmas Day. Markets are closed everywhere but it won't let me access the data because as far it is concerned, today is Tuesday, therefore markets must be open!

Could you update the software so that it knows the holidays?

Thank you.

Comment

Any chance of getting this fixed?

Comment

Hi bf2,

It is not a bug, but the way how the product was configured. The access is restricted Monday thru Friday from 6:00 AM - 1:30 PM PST, regardless if the market is open or not.

I will send a note to the esignal developers inquiring if there is something that can be done to change that configuration.

Regards,

ErnestoO
              eSignal Technical Support

Comment

Thanks for that.

They way most good software are written nowadays, such parameters are stored in configuration files or database tables. So it should be fairly easy to change the settings at your side. Only very poor quality software developers hard-code such information in the program itself.

Would you kindly keep us informed of the progress? With a product with restricted hours, losing an additional 10 full days a year doesn't help.

Comment

The other thing is, I know it has been discussed before, but why this policy of not allowing customers to see the data during market hours? You can always delay the feed by 10 minutes, or half an hour, whatever, I don't care. So it's not that I am asking for a free ride. All I am saying is it is severely restrictive if one cannt analyse the market as and when one wishes.

It really doesn't make any sense.

Comment

Working...
                  X