Overlay using volume

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Overlay using volume

Is there any way to utilize the Overlay function with Volume only. I would like to take the Volume from two issues, say IBM & MSFT, add them together and have a line (or a bargraph) drawn.
    John Pilger

Re: Overlay using volume

John
    The overlay function will not sum the Volumes of the overlayed symbols however you can do what [I think] you are asking with a simple formula (see the example in the screenshot enclosed below)
    Alex

Originally posted by pilg
    Is there any way to utilize the Overlay function with Volume only. I would like to take the Volume from two issues, say IBM & MSFT, add them together and have a line (or a bargraph) drawn.

Comment

Thank you.

Thank you for the help.

It does look like what I want to do, but I am unfamiliar with how to reproduce/enter the formula. Can you give me an assist?

jp
      John Pilger

Comment

Re: Thank you.

John
        The attached efs will sum the Volume of two user defined symbols (default symbols are IBM and MSFT).
        Download and Save the formula in the Formulas folder (or any one of its subfolders) then right click on the chart, select Formulas and click on the formula. You can change the symbols at any time through Edit Studies
        Alex

Thank you for the help.

It does look like what I want to do, but I am unfamiliar with how to reproduce/enter the formula. Can you give me an assist?

jp
        Attached Files

Comment

Alex,

After looking through everything, I cannot find a formula folder, etc. I am using QCharts. Am I in the wrong forum perhaps?

If I am, thank you anyway for the assist.
          John Pilger

Comment

-

John
            This is the forum for eSignal which is why I assumed that you were referring to that product. Sorry for the confusion.
            The forum for QCharts can be found here
            Alex

Alex,

After looking through everything, I cannot find a formula folder, etc. I am using QCharts. Am I in the wrong forum perhaps?

If I am, thank you anyway for the assist.

Comment

Working...
            X