Esignal bogs down

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Esignal bogs down

Have 4 gigs ram, 2.2Ghz processor. 8 advanced charts & fairly simple personal EFS on 5 charts. Esignal runs fine for a while. Then slows down to an update every 10-15 seconds. Ghastly. But CPU usage for Esig is <50% & idle process about the same. If remove charts, feed speeds up again. If shut down esig & restart, it runs fine for a while and then gradually slows down. How can I find the problem.

Have you ever tried removing your personal EFS scripts from the chart and running for a day? Just wondering if some calculation your EFS is performing might be building to the point of over-taxing the system.

Thx

Comment

Yep, I had the exact same problem and it was due to some computationally intensive scripts. Essentially, volume has been so high over the last few days, during certain time periods, that too many ticks are showing up to process. I started using setComputeOnClose() on some scripts and that seems to have helped some -- but I don't have a final solution yet. I had 16 scripts running in 3 charts.

Originally posted by ScottJ
      Have you ever tried removing your personal EFS scripts from the chart and running for a day? Just wondering if some calculation your EFS is performing might be building to the point of over-taxing the system.

Thx

Comment

I too had this problem with my AdvancedGET eSignal bogging down. I may be wrong, but it seems the issue started or has gotten worse soon after I upgraded to 10.2. Anyway, this problem disappeared when I replaced all my charts with brand new ones. I created new charts and then added all the technical indicators I had been using in my previous charts. I could go back to my old charts to see if this problem will return, but then I am concerned that this could cause me to miss a good trading opportunity if it starts to bog down again.

Comment

Do you draw many lines? If you do, even old off-screen lines take a toll on CPU as they need to be accounted for in the screen redraws. When you create a new chart, you wipe out the old lines.

Thanks.

Comment

I do not, actually. I am pretty diligent in maintaining about 5 to 10 lines per chart. I am glad to report that I have not yet experienced any major bogging episodes (knock on wood) yet.

Comment

Working...
            X