Out of Memory on Tick Data Export

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Out of Memory on Tick Data Export

I keep getting an "Out of Memory" error when I attempt to export tick data on futures contracts. I can load 10 days of single tick data on a chart, but cannot seem to export the tick data. When eSignal attempts to load its Data Export window, an Out of Memory error is displayed. When I cut the data to be loaded even down to 1 day, it provides the same error message. It will only display 836,881 data points, and then quits.

I am running eSignal on a system with 4GB of RAM. These conditions occur when the only app that is running is eSignal.

Addtional questions:

1. How do I get the tick charts in eSignal to not display the bid and ask data (lines)? I am just interested in the trade data.

2. How do I get the prices to be displayed properly (for example, on the ES Futures contracts, they are being displayed as 93525 in place of 935.25)?

Screenshots attached.

Thanks,

EE Group
    Attached Files

Hi There,

Thanks for your post.

Your screen image revealed there is a 1 day time template applied to the chart from which you are attempting to download 10 days of tick history data.
    Could you please right click on your chart window, select the time templates submenu and then click to apply the default 24 hour template.
    Please then, try downloading your tick data and advise, should your program continue to output the "out of memory" error.

Regarding your additional questions.
    [1] Right click your chart, select the "Edit Studies" option.
    Then change the chart type (drop down menu at top) to "Line/Tick"
    You can then Uncheck the options next to bid and ask so this data is not displayed on your chart window.

[2] Please select the programs top level FILE menu then click the PREFERENCES option and uncheck the option labelled "Compact Price Display" under the general tab to display your data with a decimal.

Comment

I thought this (memory issue) was a known bug, see post and post

I have an earlier version on a different mahine to get around the problem
      Last edited by Dave180; 11-17-2008, 05:21 AM.

Comment

Working...
      X