Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why Tick Downloader quits & takes too long ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why Tick Downloader quits & takes too long ?

Whenever I try to download e mini S & P ticks, it tak 30 minutes to download one day's ticks about 176 MB total. I do have 2 Mbps Broadband.

So while downloading ticks, I am not able to use eSignal for hours at a time. Is there a way to download ticks & still use eSignal application at the same time ? Why can't there be a separate window for tick downloader that can be minimized ?

Also it quits in middle everytime I try to download 10 days ticks.

Also I get out of memory message eventhough I have lots of space in C: drive where eSignal is installed.

Thanks
    Last edited by Henryh; 11-17-2008, 04:57 AM.

known bug see post and post

I use an earlier version for now.

Comment

Dave,

Which earlier version do you use ?

V.10 has r1, r2, r3 & r4.

Comment

Hi, the desktop icon says 10.0, but I don't want to start it as it will kick me off this machine. I think that 10.1 should be ok too

Comment

Tick Download Issues

Since some time in September I have been unable to download ES #F 10-day, or even 5-data tick replay data.

I use Windows XP Pro on a PC with Intel Core2 Quad CPU @ 2.40GHz, with 3GB RAM. Furthermore I have maximized XP Pro's virtual memory.

The support desk was unable to provide any resolution, suggesting I contact Esignal's "IDEAS" department. The Support Rep seemed to think it was a replay issue, when I mentioned various times it was a download issue.

The download starts fine, the comes to a crawl and eventually says I have run out of memory, which is not a credible response.

Hopefully someone has a workaround, or maybe even a solution.

Comment

How many records were received as it slowed to a crawl? I saw over 3 million just on two days so far and it's growing by about 500 records an update tick. What's the pace on your end?

We may need to do some internal benchmarking to understand just how much data this mechanism can handle. When it was introduced 6 years ago, trading volumes were about a quarter of they are today.

Thanks.

Comment

Also, can you try something more lightly traded? I did the tick downloader for a stock that traded about 1800 times today and it was completed in about 2 seconds. I ran it for 8 days, collected 16,000 records and it took about 4 seconds. Just curious if you see the same on a lightly traded instrument.

Thanks.

Comment

Working...
              X