Quad-Core requirement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quad-Core requirement

It wasn't until I read 10.2 & 10.21 feedback that I noticed the new Power User "Quad-core" requirement (see link on Downloads page).

But since my WinSig 10.2 maxes out at 50% on my Dual-core machine it woud appear that it is not multi-threaded. Obviously another core for WinRos, and the rest of the operating system, helps, but does anyone have any evidence that the current WinSig can use more than one core, or have any other good reasons for having four cores? I find that running two copies of WinSig is one way of spreading the load over multiple cores, but you do lose the cursor synchronisation.

Re: Quad-Core requirement

Originally posted by Dave180
    It wasn't until I read 10.2 & 10.21 feedback that I noticed the new Power User "Quad-core" requirement (see link on Downloads page).

But since my WinSig 10.2 maxes out at 50% on my Dual-core machine it woud appear that it is not multi-threaded. Obviously another core for WinRos, and the rest of the operating system, helps, but does anyone have any evidence that the current WinSig can use more than one core, or have any other good reasons for having four cores? I find that running two copies of WinSig is one way of spreading the load over multiple cores, but you do lose the cursor synchronisation.
    Currently, the Winsig is not multi-threaded and the only advantage you get from having a multi-threaded CPU with eSignal is that you can have the WinRos and WinSig run on different cores. The WinSig will be multi-threaded sometime in 2009.
    Thank you,
    Eric O.
    eSignal Support

Comment

Thanks eostrom, perhaps the Requirements page could make the now vs future point so as to avoid confusion?

Comment

Originally posted by Dave180
        Thanks eostrom, perhaps the Requirements page could make the now vs future point so as to avoid confusion?
        I understand the confusion and I will see if there is anything we can do about that here.

The system requirements page recommends at least a duel-core CPU because our latest version of eSignal operates the best on these systems, even though the WinSig isn't multi-threaded yet.
        Thank you,
        Eric O.
        eSignal Support

Comment

Working...
        X