Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Indicator Overlay in Price Pane

Hi,

I have overlayed OBV on top of my price study but as I use the mouse to move the price study in its pane, the OBV overlay remains stationary and does not move. Is there any way to set the overlay indicator so that it becomes "locked" to the ptice study so that if the study is moved with the mouse in its pane the overlayed indicator would move with the study? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,
    Jane

Indicator Overlay in Price Pane

Jane
    When you overlay a window on to another these should scroll in lockstep (see enclosed animation illustrating both methods of overlaying panes). What version are you using?
    Alex

Originally posted by jg
    Hi,

I have overlayed OBV on top of my price study but as I use the mouse to move the price study in its pane, the OBV overlay remains stationary and does not move. Is there any way to set the overlay indicator so that it becomes "locked" to the ptice study so that if the study is moved with the mouse in its pane the overlayed indicator would move with the study? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,
    Jane

Comment

Re: Indicator Overlay in Price Pane

Hi Alex,

I clicked in the subchart pane, held shift and dragged onto the price pane. I dragged OBV onto the price pane for a stock. As I moved the mouse, the price bars moved. I need to clarify here: the obv moved left/right with the price but did not remain locked i n place for moving the price bars up and down. Thank you for showing me how to do it via the edit studies. I really appreciate it.
      Regards,
      Jane

Originally posted by Alexis C. Montenegro
      Jane
      When you overlay a window on to another these should scroll in lockstep (see enclosed animation illustrating both methods of overlaying panes). What version are you using?
      Alex

Comment

Re: Re: Indicator Overlay in Price Pane

Jane
        The overlayed pane will move vertically with the price bars only when it is set to the same scale of the price window which it is not by default else the price bars and/or the study could get flattened if their scales were in significantly different ranges.
        Alex

Originally posted by jg
        Hi Alex,

I clicked in the subchart pane, held shift and dragged onto the price pane. I dragged OBV onto the price pane for a stock. As I moved the mouse, the price bars moved. I need to clarify here: the obv moved left/right with the price but did not remain locked i n place for moving the price bars up and down. Thank you for showing me how to do it via the edit studies. I really appreciate it.
        Regards,
        Jane

Comment

Re: Re: Re: Indicator Overlay in Price Pane

Hi Alex,

Aaah! I get it. Thank you very much for the clarification.
          REgards,
          Jane

Originally posted by Alexis C. Montenegro
          Jane
          The overlayed pane will move vertically with the price bars only when it is set to the same scale of the price window which it is not by default else the price bars and/or the study could get flattened if their scales were in significantly different ranges.
          Alex

Comment

Re: Re: Re: Re: Indicator Overlay in Price Pane

Jane
            You are welcome
            Alex

Originally posted by jg
            Hi Alex,

Aaah! I get it. Thank you very much for the clarification.
            REgards,
            Jane

Comment

Working...
            X