Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problem with DDE (excel) please help!

Hi

I just begin with DDE coding in excel... I know the basis and everything seem to work fine BUT the numbers are badly displayed.

Snp, per exemple, will return ''845.75000000000''. Because of that, Excel do not recognize the cell as a number and i cannot apply any formula to the price.

I know how to edit the ''cells format'' but nothing's doing it. I cannot edit the decimal or any format of my matrix... its always displaying as 'twelve' digits after the dot...

When I apply a formula to a number, it returns ''#VALUE!''

Do you know what i can do to resolve the thing ?

Excel 2007 (second fresh installation), esignal 10.0 (third fresh installation), winXP sp3

- Bill

please note that its working fine with most of the computer in my office, but not on mine, so I really don't know what is the problem

It looks as though you should be able to edit the number of decimal places displayed by going to format cells.

Here is some data being filled via the DDE Matrix Fill button

Below I went to edit the Last column via:
    Format Cells
    Choosing the number Category
    2 Decimal Places.
    Clicking OK.
    Attached Files

Comment

Re: Problem with DDE (excel) please help!

Originally posted by Bill01
      Hi

I know how to edit the ''cells format'' but nothing's doing it. I cannot edit the decimal or any format of my matrix... its always displaying as 'twelve' digits after the dot...

Its totally not working... i cannot edit the numbers of digit for decimal.....

in my office, its the same thing for one computer on two.... the other computer are showing the numbers well....

I have installed ESIGNAL, WINXP, OFFICE 3 times !!!! still not working.... anybody know ?

Thanks for your help

Comment

Could you give some information on how to recreate the problem that you are experiencing? What is it you are entering?

Comment

Working...
        X