Volume vs. Price chart

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Volume vs. Price chart

I was wondering if it was possible to make a chart in Esignal in which Price would be graphed against Volume (which would stay constant) instead of time. Therefore, time would be a variable and candlesticks would finish drawing only when a specific amount of volume had been traded.

For example, in a standard 15 minute chart, the candlestick is drawn every 15 minutes with the open at the beginning of the 15 minutes, the high being the highest price during that 15 minutes, the low being the low of the 15 minutes and the close being the price printed at the end of the 15 minutes. However, I was wondering if someone could help me create a chart where I could set the volume to a constant (lets say 10,000) and a candlestick would be drawn at the open of 10,000 shares traded, the high would be the high during those 10,000 shares traded, the low would be the low and the close would be the last price printed for 10,000 shares and then a new bar would be drawn. I've been trying to write something in EFS but I don't even know where to start and any help would be greatly appreciated or if this idea is even possible. Thanks a bunch

Re: Volume vs. Price chart

Choleon
    You can do that using Volume Bars. For information on Volume Bars [and other available tick based intervals] see this article in the eSignal KnowledgeBase.
    Alex

Originally posted by Choleon
    I was wondering if it was possible to make a chart in Esignal in which Price would be graphed against Volume (which would stay constant) instead of time. Therefore, time would be a variable and candlesticks would finish drawing only when a specific amount of volume had been traded.

For example, in a standard 15 minute chart, the candlestick is drawn every 15 minutes with the open at the beginning of the 15 minutes, the high being the highest price during that 15 minutes, the low being the low of the 15 minutes and the close being the price printed at the end of the 15 minutes. However, I was wondering if someone could help me create a chart where I could set the volume to a constant (lets say 10,000) and a candlestick would be drawn at the open of 10,000 shares traded, the high would be the high during those 10,000 shares traded, the low would be the low and the close would be the last price printed for 10,000 shares and then a new bar would be drawn. I've been trying to write something in EFS but I don't even know where to start and any help would be greatly appreciated or if this idea is even possible. Thanks a bunch

Comment

Just type into a chart 10000V just as you would 15min and you should get the volume chart. Here is an example
      Attached Files

Comment

Working...
      X