popping out a chart in a new window

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• popping out a chart in a new window

any ticker enterred in the popped out chart is linked to the already existing chart so that they both try and display the same ticker

does anyone else see this ?

is there a way to create two distinctly separate charts without them trying to mimic each other ?

do the Livecharts folks see what i'm referriing to ?
    Last edited by guppy; 03-16-2011, 06:21 AM.

You can unlink a window by clicking on the chain icon at the top left of a window (to break the chain-link)
    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by eSignal_ToddI
      You can unlink a window by clicking on the chain icon at the top left of a window (to break the chain-link)
      i don't understand this whole "link - unlink" -story.

first of all it is very cumbersome - and then it is pretty much useless. why is there a symbol entry field in the detailed quote section?

the pic in your post shows that if you enter a symbol in the popped out chart you get datailed quote data for it in the main chart. that's just how it should NOT work.

the main chart window and the detailed quote window/time and sales window are a union. the popped out windows are a separate thing. that's how it worked in 2.0 - and that was good.

Comment

under 2.0 we were able to have multiple iterations of a chart with its associated news and time n sales panels so i would have each in a separate tab displaying different tickers and could pop around from one tab to the next as i desired

i cant seem to do that with 3.0 ? can you ? i cant get a second chart session to start up that is identical in look and feel to the initial chart session follwoing login

Comment

guppy - I'm not clear on the ability to run full instances (applet with news/T&S/chart/etc) of LC 2.0 in separate tabs.

From my understanding that's not how LC 2.0 was intended to be used and I can't recall being able to do that on a PC. Granted I may be mistaken but from what I remember, part of the reason to have the java applet load in a popped out window in the first place was to prevent multiple browser instances.

freestyle -
          I'll report this bug to QA/PMD.

Basically you can pop out the "Quotes & Hot List" window out (which is the window that displays T&S or Detailed Quote information), and as such you should be able to treat each of these windows independently when linking in toggled off.

However turning off linking in this window type prevents you from changing the symbol being tracked by the Detailed Quote or the Time & Sales portion of this window.

Comment

interesting, well 3.0 works as 'intended' now it seems

allowing charts in tabs makes for a cleaner approach no ? is there more overhead associated with that for your servers ? whats the difference ?
            Last edited by guppy; 03-16-2011, 07:55 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by eSignal_ToddI
              guppy - I'm not clear on the ability to run full instances (applet with news/T&S/chart/etc) of LC 2.0 in separate tabs.

From my understanding that's not how LC 2.0 was intended to be used and I can't recall being able to do that on a PC. Granted I may be mistaken but from what I remember, part of the reason to have the java applet load in a popped out window in the first place was to prevent multiple browser instances.

freestyle -
              I'll report this bug to QA/PMD.

Basically you can pop out the "Quotes & Hot List" window out (which is the window that displays T&S or Detailed Quote information), and as such you should be able to treat each of these windows independently when linking in toggled off.

However turning off linking in this window type prevents you from changing the symbol being tracked by the Detailed Quote or the Time & Sales portion of this window.

would you take a look to this thread and my posts and questions there:

http://forum.esignalcentral.com/show...threadid=35630

thanks.

looking forward to the next 3.0 release(s).

Comment

Working...
              X