deleting symbol from drop down menu

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• deleting symbol from drop down menu

how does one delete a symbol from the drop down menu when using charts...

short of closing all charts.. loggin out with the one symbol..
    is there a way of deleting the symbol..

are they even working on another version ? or updates ? i thought some basic editing features were to be looked at and maybe put into the next version but who kows if they're even bothering with another update ?

Comment

guppy..

as you can see.. you are right.. eSignal customer service is for who cares attitude..

was requested on Thursday.. no rush... it's just not important..

paid your bill.. and just stay out of our hair...

it's a real piss off.. you have to shut down all your open charts.. save with no chart.. then reopen your chart to the symbol you want.. and start from there for the settings..

Mars

Comment

There should be a new release sometime after market close today.

Deleting symbols from the drop down menu will be possible via pressing Shift+Delete

For more details about the LC 3.1 release: Click HERE

Comment

So much for the new release.. everything is worst that before..

The delete symbol... it deletes everything.. and not just on the open chart from which the delete was done on.. every other chart open ALSO gets deleted..

HOW DOES ONE STOP THAT FROM HAPPENING......

ALSO.. when changing from one symbol on an open chart.. the changes ALSO changes all the other opened charts..

HOW DOES ONE STOP THAT FROM HAPPENING......

This is a real piss off.. not very please this AM..

ALL MY CHART SETTINGS ARE ALL MISSING...

Comment

The symbol drop down menus are all shared, so deleting from one does delete from the others.

Just as some clients may want the drop downs menus to be independent, others prefer not having to enter their symbols to each window.

I can suggest to project management to maybe have an option to toggle on/off the drop down menus as a future enhancement.

I agree that unlinked windows shouldn't push symbol request to linked windows, and I'll let QA and the Project manager know about that bug.

Comment

Glad to see that my concern was reconized..

Waiting for the project manager to do something is not to good of an idea.. that could be sometime next year before something is done..

How do I get to the old version.. until the issue is resolved..

THAT ADDRESSES THE CHARTES SETTINGS DELETION BEING CHANGE.. WHAT ABOUT THE SYMBOL CHANGING ALL THE OTHER CHARTS OPENNED...

Comment

If all charts are "unlinked" then symbol changes don't appear to switch to other chart windows. You could try to unlink your other chart windows.

The part that seems to be a bug is the unlinked chart passing information to charts that are linked.

Comment

OK.. how does one unlink the charts...

Comment

At the top left corner of the various windows (Charts/Hot List/Option Chains) there is an icon that looks like a chain link.

If you click on the chain link, the icon becomes a broken chain link.

Break the chain links to unlink the windows.

Comment

How do I get to the old version.. until the issue is resolved..

-------

i'd like to get back to 3.0 as well for the time being, guess i'll have to buy another laptop to use a java based app

Comment

I'm not aware of a way to going back to the previous release at this time but I've forwarded your requests to the project manager.

Comment

Great.. and thanks for this quick fix.. that stopped one chart affecting all the other charts..

Now.. the symbol deletion still affects all the other charts.. what fix is there for this..

Comment

For the deleting of symbols AND not affecting symbols in the drop downs of other windows, all I can do is suggest that as a future enhancement.

It would require separating the individual window drop down symbol lists and having them work independently, but also having a way to keep it the way it is for those that may want it that way.

That'd be something for project management to consider.

Comment

"That'd be something for project management to consider."

WHO,S MORE IMPORTANT HERE.. THE USING CUSTOMER.. OR PROJECT MANAGEMENT..

AFTER ALL.. THEY ARE THE ONES WHO SCREWED THIS UP..

THEY CHANGE THINGS WITHOUT DUE CONSIDERATION TO THE USER NEEDS..

ALLOW THE OLD VERSION TO BE USED.. THESE NEW BELLS ARE FOR THE BIRDS RIGHT NOW...

THE OLD VERSION FOR ME PLEASE....

Comment

Working...
                              X