Newbie Question - Exchange Fees

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Newbie Question - Exchange Fees

What is the difference between the NYSE Real Time fee, the NASDAQ Level 1 Real time fee (both $2.00) and the delayed US and Canadian Futures and Stocks ($5 each)?

I'm assuming that you need the Real-Time to get the realtime data and you need the delayed package to get historical quotes. However, by the names of the packages, it seems like you could just get the real-time and see both.

What am I missing here?

Thanks!

Thanks for the questions. Whether you subscribe to real-time or delayed, you'll have access to the historical data for charts. The difference between a real-time subscription and a delayed subscription is when you receive the streaming trades and quotes.

If you have real-time, you'll get them as soon as we can get them to your PC (typically within 1 second of the trade occurring at the exchange.) If you have delayed, then an intentional delay of 10-20 minutes is applied (depends on the exchange,) and you'll receive the same trade that much later than the rest of the traders that have real-time data.

Most of the non-pro subscribers that are interested in the equity markets just choose the real-time markets, because they are so reasonably priced.

The gotchas are in the futures markets, where just one exchange fee can be as high as the cost of QCharts itself (NYBOT in real-time for example is $97 per month.) Most futures traders now-a-days typically follow mini-sized contracts, which have a lower exchange fee ($30 for the CME E-minis and $0 for the CBOT E-minis.) The futures delayed bundle is a great value to those just wanting to follow the commodities on a broader level.
    Regards,
    Jay F.
    Product Manager

Comment

Thank you JayF for the quick response.

So why would I need the "Delayed US & Canadian stocks" package if I have the real-time NYSE and NASDAQ?

Maybe this would help, this is what I'm after:

- Realtime NASDAQ and NYSE quotes
      - NASDAQ Futures (real time)
      - S&P Futures (real time)
      - Dow Futures (delayed is fine)

Thanks!

Comment

The Delayed US & Canadian Stocks bundle would provide delayed quotes on AMEX and the Canadian exchanges in addition to the real-time NYSE and NASDAQ exchanges that you already subscribed to, but if you don't have need for those exchanges, then you'll likely not need that delayed bundle.

Based on your requirements I would suggest:

Real-time NYSE ($2)
        Real-time NADSAQ ($2)
        Real-time CME E-Mini's ($30)
        Real-time CBOT mini-sized futures ($0)

I hope that helps.
        Regards,
        Jay F.
        Product Manager

Comment

Working...
        X