Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• copyright

Hi, not sure who to ask about this-

I have a few friends that I compare trading notes with, and we occasionally like to share charts too. Sometimes we can't get together (plus a few are in other towns), so I was thinking about creating a web page we could all use and post chart images on.

I recall that when I read books and articles and they have charts in them, they always give copyright credit in them. I was wondering if I need to get permission from Esignal/Qcharts, or can I just attribute a copyright blurb at the bottom of the chart?

Can anybody tell me, or tell me who to get in touch with for an answer? Thanks!

-rich

Thanks Rich for checking in on this.

For the most part, if the charts are all located on a single page or a group of pages (like a blog) you can put the attribution at the bottom of the page(s).

Quick disclaimer, exchange policy prohibits real-time data being published to a website without special contractual agreements with them. I'd recommend keeping the posting of charts delayed by 20 minutes to avoid any problems with the exchanges.
    Regards,
    Jay F.
    Product Manager

Comment

Thanks Jay! Yeah, it would be a blog or personal web page or something like that. It's mostly family and a few friends who trade, so it's nothing serious. Certainly no real-time data - mostly old trades we've done and historical findings. We like to keep up with each other and show off our progress.

Thanks for the response!

Comment

Working...
      X