eSignal (Qcharts account) with 3rd party software

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• eSignal (Qcharts account) with 3rd party software

I just downloaded and installed eSignal version of IRT in order to gradually manage the change from Quote.com to eSignal
    (with my Qcharts subscription for now, since Jay told me that "QCharts accounts can currently use eSignal
    versions of 3rd party software in most cases").

How to set eSignal data feed?

I got the following message:

The eSignal DataManager (winros.exe) does not appear to be installed on your computer"

Thank you in advance.

Jean-Pierre

Jean-Pierre,

That sounds to me like Investor/RT is having trouble finding the eSignal Data Manager, which is required to get data from the eSignal servers. Have you downloaded and installed QCharts 6.0 Beta? This QCharts version has the eSignal Data Manager installed with it.
    Regards,
    Jay F.
    Product Manager

Comment

Jay,

Thank you very much for answering.

I do not like too much to work with the beta. So, I directly downloaded the Data Manager from eSignal and everything seems OK now.

Two other questions (Sorry if those questions have already been posted on this list):

1)With the final "eSignal Qcharts 6.1", what about the Hot Lists, all the fundamental data of Quote.com and the QC Industries symbols?

2)Where may I find an ahaustive list of all the Qcharts symbols that we will have to revise due to the eSignal ticker symbology?

Comment

With QCharts 6.0, all the Hot Lists are there as well as any symbol that has a QC: prefix. These are sourced from the Continuum servers directly, while the rest of the data comes from the eSignal servers. Not all the fundamental data from QCharts 5.1 will be present in 6.0 for the simple reason the eSignal servers don't currently support it. We will be trying to get all the missing data from 5.1 into QCharts 6.1 (Q3-Q4 2007).
        Regards,
        Jay F.
        Product Manager

Comment

Regarding your second question, there isn't a complete symbol mapping available (difficult with 200,000+ symbols,) however the Symbology section of this KB article should help.
          Regards,
          Jay F.
          Product Manager

Comment

Does Qcharts intra-day and end-of-day data work with Neuroshell as eSignal does? After all the 6.0 uses can use eSignal data and eSignal data is the one of few that Neuroshell uses. Thanks!

Comment

If Neuroshell works with eSignal, then it should work with a QCharts account. However, Neuroshell will be connected to the eSignal network, which doesn't have the Quote.com historical data yet.
              Regards,
              Jay F.
              Product Manager

Comment

Symbols in 3rd party software

How to get the following symbols in 3rd party software working with eSignal feed (of the Qcharts account)

VAY
                VGY
                DXY ($DXC does not work although I subscribed "North American Delayed Futures bundle"

Comment

Hi Jean-Pierre,

VAY is $VLE
                  VGY is $XVG
                  DXY is DX A0 (DX<space>Azero)

Here's the link for the eSignal Symbol lookup page....
                  http://kb.esignalcentral.com/article...ticle=2739&p=1

LAM

Comment

Qcharts to eSignal symbols

Many thanks Larry.

May I ask where did you find them?

Maybe I am wrong, but I did not see these symbols in the link http://kb.esignalcentral.com/articl...rticle=2739&p=1

Comment

They can be found using the links right at the top of the eSignal Symbols Guide.
                      Attached Files
                      Regards,
                      Jay F.
                      Product Manager

Comment

Qcharts to eSignal symbols

Jean-Pierre,

The attached screenshot should illustrate the sequence of clicks.

Jay, what follows here is a question to you in addition to a comment to Jean-Pierre.

I just noticed that with DX A0 if I'm running QCharts 6.0 using the eSignal feed, logged in with my QCharts ID/PW, I can get a chart of DX A0. However, even though my account with QCharts has Delayed Stocks and Futures bundles enabled, the chart(and T&S) doesn't update. The same if I enter for example CL H7 (Crude oil). Get the chart historical data as of "now", but no further ticking. Running QCharts 5.1 CL will chart and tick/update as trades happen, albeit a 30min delayed tick. So the question is why can't I get continuous ticking for Delayed futures from eSignal when using 6.0 with my QCharts ID/PW when I can get continuous ticking from QCharts 5.1?

LAM
                        Attached Files

Comment

Good question, Larry. Could be a bug with the way bundles are being handled in 6.0. I'm working on getting an all delayed account setup internally in order to test this out more.
                          Regards,
                          Jay F.
                          Product Manager

Comment

It does appear that all delayed exchanges are not streaming in data correctly. I've added it to the internal bug list.
                            Regards,
                            Jay F.
                            Product Manager

Comment

Running eSignal 8.0 and QCharts 6.0 concurrently

OK. Thanks for the feedback, Jay.

Here's another one that's not adding up for me.

As you know, I have separate accounts for QCharts and eSignal, subscribe to both products. I pay additional exchange fees for RealTime stocks on each account. That is, $2 to QCharts for RT Naz stocks, and another $2 on a separate bill to eSignal for RT Naz stocks.

I can't run both eSignal and QC 6.0 concurrently on the same computer. Unless I'm missing something, I should be able to.

Here's what happens....
                              1. Start eSignal 8.0 bld 779 with eSignal ID/PW. Starts OK.
                              2. Start QCharts 6.0 bld *.48 with QCharts ID/PW and data source eSignal.
                              QChats 6.0 proceeds to start, and in the process terminates eSignal 8.0 and the DM. QCharts then asks if I want to restart DM. Click OK to that, and 6.0 running, but eSig 8.0 killed, gone.

or
                              1. Start QCharts 6.0 with eSig feed.
                              2. Start eSignal
                              eSignal will make a brief appearance, a quick flash of the screen trying to start, then it terminates, taking down the DM with it. QCharts will then prompt to restart the DM. Click OK to that and QC 6.0 back running.

Should not someone with separate accounts and paying separate exchange fees be able to run the two products at the same time?

FYI, I can run both eSignal 8.0 and QCharts 6.0(with eSig feed) concurrently using the special "test" ID/PW that was supplied during the early Alpha testing before QCharts accounts were enabled, so to speak, on the eSignal servers.

LAM
                              Originally posted by JayF
                              It does appear that all delayed exchanges are not streaming in data correctly. I've added it to the internal bug list.

Comment

Working...
                              X