No charts!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No charts!

A couple of things are happening to me that I don't understand.

On my desktop, I recently had to move to a backup disk (that has not been updated for maybe a year) and when I launch 6.0.2 (a brand new download tonight) from QFAI (which may need to be reconfigured - remember, it's old), I don't get any charts or data in my quote sheets.

I have a laptop where I don't have QFAI installed and when I launch Qcharts, I do get charts and some of the data, but not all (one of my quote sheets that was full is completely empty, but others are complete). In addition, I get a message that says:

Qcharts has blocked the loading of some content from this workspace.

1. Drawing tool type 0 (deleted): 3 instances (unrecognized)

We suggest that you do not save the workspace without having a backup copy.

You might, however, save the workspace under a different name now, and continue to use it and modify it.

Please ensure you have the latest Qcharts form the eSignal website.

I'm trying to view the same workspace in both instances (the one on the laptop is an older version of the one on my desktop and mainly changed for the smaller screen). This morning, I didn't have any problem looking at my workspace on my laptop.

I have a good Internet connection on both machines.

Does anybody have any ideas?

Thanks,

Jim

I should mention that I'm not always able to connect at all on my desktop.
    Last edited by grunewaj; 12-17-2008, 09:26 PM.
    When buying and selling are controlled by legislation, the first things to be bought and sold are legislators.
    -- P.J. O'Rourke

Hey Jim,

See Post121275 regarding a file that may be out of date in your "old" 6.0.2, or will also be out of date in a new install of 6.0.2. Check the subsequent posts to 121275 in that thread regarding need to perhaps do more than one restart to get the thing going.

You might have a bunch of ETF's in your quotesheets that have an incorrect Exchange hardwired. See Post121783 .

Regarding QFAI, does the Title Bar of the main window you use to launch QCharts have V2007.10.09.2? If so, do Setup>Refresh IP Addresses. Also do Setup>Edit Application List to make sure that the paths to your QCharts are correct. If not correct, then a Setup>Create Application List is called for.

LAM

Comment

Thanks for the reply, Larry.

In the case of QFAI, the title bar says Qfeed Application Selector v2005.03.23.0. Should I download a new one?

As far as the problem with Qcharts on my desktop, after I log in, I can't get any workspace to display. It never gets past "Please stand by...".

The problem I'm having with my laptop - other than the weird message (that I never got before) is that a quotesheet with mainly stocks was blank. The sheet was there and in the same size, but there was nothing in it. The few ETFs I have displayed fine on my laptop (and displayed fine on my old disk three days ago when I had to go to my backup disk).

Still no joy!

Jim

Update: I reinstalled QFAI and that seemed to do the trick for my desktop!
      Last edited by grunewaj; 12-18-2008, 06:35 PM.
      When buying and selling are controlled by legislation, the first things to be bought and sold are legislators.
      -- P.J. O'Rourke

Comment

Jim,

Start over altogether with QFAI.
        Manually delete your old QFAI folder altogether.
        Here's the link for a new user...
        http://www.qcsoftwarehelp.com/QFAI_new_installation.htm

Your "please stand by" is probably due to old IP addresses in the old QFAI. The new install should get you connected OK.

I have no idea what's in your workspace.
        Try this...
        At Login, select the "blank workspace" option.
        When running, do not load a workspace.
        Rather create newly a Daily and Intraday and a quotesheet.
        Start adding syms.
        This is just to test that you can get data OK with a fresh start.

oh...did you verify that the file wrexgcod in your SigText folder is Version 1.7 or later? If it's 1.5 as supplied in a new 602 install you can't get ETF's that are now ARCX exchange. The first line of the file has the version. Open with Notepad to take a peek.

LAM

Comment

Thanks again for the quick reply, Larry!

1 & 2. That did the trick.

3. My wrexgcod.tab is version 1.8. I'm assuming that's a good thing! As for my laptop, I saved my workspace under a different name and I was able to add syms to my empty quotesheet and add new charts. Maybe my blank quotesheet was just a qcharts hiccup?!

Thanks again for your help!

Jim
          -- P.J. O'Rourke

Comment

Cool. Glad you're on the air.

Yep, 1.8 is fine on the wrexgcod.tab file.

When you have time, give 6.0.3.1445 a drive around the block.

LAM

Comment

Thanks Larry. I'll try it.
              -- P.J. O'Rourke

Comment

Working...
              X