transfer Qchart workspaces to new computer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• transfer Qchart workspaces to new computer

Is it possible to transfer my Qchart workspaces from my old computer to the new one? I have so much work done it's a pain to do it again.
    Thanks

Re: transfer Qchart workspaces to new computer

Hey rainbgone,

Yep, no problem. The workspaces are standalone "files"....

YourWorkspaceName.QCW.

You may have yours in the default Workspaces folder inside your QCharts installation. You can have them placed/filed wherever you wish.

LAM
    Originally posted by rainbgone
    Is it possible to transfer my Qchart workspaces from my old computer to the new one? I have so much work done it's a pain to do it again.
    Thanks

Comment

Thank you Larry but I don't know where the default workspaces folder is.
      When I open my new Qcharts and type the name of my workspace.qcw it does not recognize it. Where do I find them in my new installation?

Comment

Rainbgone -

Look under the standard installation at C:Program Files\QCharts\Workspaces\YourWorkspaceName.QCW

To copy it from your old computer to your new computer, you can either do it across a network you've set up or copy it to a thumb drive or burn a disc and then physically move it to the new computer.

And, just a tidbit to consider - set up a separate QCharts Workspaces FOLDER separate from the QCharts Installation Folder - then you won't have to worry about losing your work when you update or reinstall QCharts.

Carol

Comment

Thank you Carol, I never looked in these files. I found all my workspaces. I will copy and move to new computer.

This is my 3rd computer since I have been using Qcharts, but the first time I will bring my stuff along. I never thought about it before until now, so thanks again,

R.

Comment

Working...
          X