Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What exactly is the deal with the end of Support for Qcharts?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What exactly is the deal with the end of Support for Qcharts?

So what exactly is the deal with this? Are we to assume that any problems that come up after this point will not be adressed and the platform is just left for dead?

What is the deal with the comparable E-signal platform is the price point the same? Is the issue that it (esig platform) is conected to a brokerage acct. and that is why Qcharts is being discontinued?

Can workspaces and all the data that has been entered into them be used on the comparable E-signal platform?

I am sure I am not the only one with these questions, so I am putting it out there.

Given that many of the big brokerages are now offering platforms that can be similarly coinfigured for free or what have you, I would like to see a little selling on why we should switch or stay or whatever.

I am getting ready to start running a parallel platform to see if it works. Truthfully I would rather not switch, but I am going to check out other options.

Sorry if I am late to the party here.

We are not stopping support for the QCharts platform and we will continue to keep it working for as long as possible. What we have stopped is development on the platform, so bugs and features will no longer be fixed or added to the existing QCharts application. What we are doing is moving forward with the eSignal application and with the next major release we are adding the QCharts features. So that anyone using QCharts that wishes to move over to the eSignal application can do so and enjoy the same features that they had in the QCharts application as well as the new eSignal 11 features. As of right now QCharst users are able to request access to the eSignal application at their current price point.

Switching is not required at this point and you can stay on the QCharts application if you like. The eSignal 11 application does offer quite a few more features than the QCharts application as well as the ability to connect with many partner brokers and take advantage of the CME fee-waiver program. Hope this helps explain things a little. Thank you
    Thank you,
    Eric O.
    eSignal Support

Comment

I can no longer take the headache of randomly-changing symbols in quote sheets and other random problems that have plagued QCharts for years. It's a shame because it was once a pretty decent platform. Users who are smart will take the time now to switch over to ESignal or some other platform before the decision is forced upon them with little or no notice. I have changed over to ToS - it took a few hours to get my WSB workspace fairly well duplicated on that platform, but now that it's done I only regret that I didn't make the transition years ago. Not only is the platform free with a brokerage acct, you also get futures, currencies, etc included (all free for non-pro users.) It's been an interesting 6 years part of the QCharts family, but I'm out of here!

Comment

lugnutz,

I also am a ToS customer and like the platform for trading, but unless I am missing something, the current ToS thinkdesktop version does not allow custom chart intervals such as a 55 minute chart. Also, ToS does not have the deep historical data that QCharts/eSignal provides. One thing that ToS does have that is absolutely superb, IMHO, is the OnDemand feature which will allow you to replay actual price action on both the underlying and options so you can see exactly how a trade would have developed. Right now, the data only goes back around 2 years and you can only replay up to the close of the previous day's trading. This requires a stunning amount of data to be kept, so my hat is off to ToS, but I still am going to familiarize myself with eSignal. Again, IMHO, any trader should have access to at least two data providers, so if one has problems, the other is still usable. Right now ToS and QCharts fulfill that need for me.

Comment

Historic data and the inability to back test symbols far enough as well as the lack of custom time period charts are all that is keeping me here. I got TOS set up as close as I can, but not convinced yet. The availabilty of futures on oil $ etc.. for free is going to win me over. I think paying for charts at this level is nearly a thing of the past. If E-Signal would give me the service for free like TOS, I would move an account there so I could continue to use the workspaces I have put a lot of historic info into, but if not I will eventually bail.

Comment

We are always working to improve the eSignal platform for our clients and the eSignal experience will only deepen and get more feature rich as time goes on. If you have any questions about making the transition to QCharts please let me know. Thank you for your feedback.
            Thank you,
            Eric O.
            eSignal Support

Comment

Originally posted by eostrom View Post
              We are always working to improve the eSignal platform for our clients and the eSignal experience will only deepen and get more feature rich as time goes on. If you have any questions about making the transition to QCharts please let me know. Thank you for your feedback.
              If the plan is to move the QCharts historical data to eSignal, I repeat my suggestion to clean it up by filling in the many holes, especially in the most popular tickers.

sincerely,
              alan

Comment

If the data is available, we are getting it and putting it in.
                Thank you,
                Eric O.
                eSignal Support

Comment

Working...
                X