Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No $bix data since 11/2

S&P banks index. What is up?

These symbols have been discontinued on the OPRA feed. There are still udpates coming through for them through the CME though. To get the data from there you will have to use the corresponding CME symbol BIX A0 in this case. In order to get this information, you will need CME on your account though. Please let me know if you have any further questions. Thank you.
    Thank you,
    Eric O.
    eSignal Support

Comment

Right. BIX does not exist anymore. Some of us do not care what the source of the data is we just want it to do what we do. The reason we pay somebody is so that we don't have to figure all this trivial crap out. You know that and should simply provide the data at the very least for the most basic sectors you need to trade. Now available for free elsewhere.

I was at the home of the son one of the biggest and oldest Hedge fund managers on the Street not long ago. We were talking charting platforms. When I mentioned qcharts and e-signal he said, "Their customer service sucks." This and the level of service we have always gotten is exactly what he was talking about. Arrogance in e-mails etc., discontinuing the most basic things you need to make trading decisions, acting like we should be grateful for the priviledge.

OK, so bottom line is you are raising prices AND cutting services at the same time? First we lose the $, then oil now the banks. It is not like it is not obvioius what is going on here. For those of you who have never seen it this is what a dying entity looks like.

The new e-signal TV commercial says it all, "You'd better find another career." Back atcha guys. I hope you are polishing up your resumes.

Comment

We didn't cut this service, OPRA stopped their feed, this is why there was no notice about this or anything. They are no longer sending out this data. When something like this happens its really out of our control, we can't force them to continue to carry something they don't want to carry anymore. There is still data available for BIX, but its sourced from the CME which is a completley different feed.
        Thank you,
        Eric O.
        eSignal Support

Comment

Right, but you can not get the data on the S&P 500 banks that tracks the same without subscribing to another service. It is the same result.
          We get less and pay more. If you want to keep customers it is up to you as a business to figure out how to continue to provide the data. That is not beyond your control. If BIX or whatever is not a viable symbol then provide an alternative and notify your customers. Provide some service. Do something.

Like I asked in the other thread. Do some selling so that we have some incentive to stay. It is painful to watch much less participate in.

Comment

Exchanges change what they offer on a regular basis, just because the symbol is offered by another source doesn't mean that when one is cancelled we can just decide to offer the same one on another feed for free. In your previous post you sited the $ as an example. This symbol used to be offered by a different exchange, when it moved to another exchange they (the exchange) decided they were going to charge for it. These are things that are out of our control. Although I do understand your underlying arguement, there is much more going on with this.
            Thank you,
            Eric O.
            eSignal Support

Comment

Working...
            X