Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please Help, Qlink Keeps on Crashing

Esignal Experts,

I understand you guys are very busy, which might explain why it takes so long for members to get any response.

As a result, I tend to troubleshoot Qlink problems with the European division of your technical support team. However, they are now closed. They also suggested contacting the forum for further help, however I did explain why I came to forum only when I really needed to - and I really need you guys to help me as I have come to rely on Qlink.

My problem is Qlink 3.62 keeps on crashing. It crashes if I run excel or not. When I run excel it will often crash immediately, however there are times when its either running by itself or with excel and it will be working for say 20 mins and then I would get the message the Qlink needs to close sorry for the inconvience.

I'm running esignal 10.6.2124 (10/25/2010)

I was told not to install version 11

Please, please guide me on how I can fix this.....

Thank you

Carlton
    Last edited by cpatte7372; 05-18-2011, 09:21 AM.

Unfortunately, crashes are usually a result of a combination of factors and often unique to a particular user or set-up so they can be challenging to find. Here's a few questions to help us try to duplicate:

When did the crashing start? Did it work for a period of time w/o crashing? Did anything change on your PC prior to the crashes starting (like upgrading to a new version of QLink or some other app)?

When you say "crash" does a message appear or does the operating system just shut down? If you do get messages, do they all appear to be from QLink/eSignal or are some from Microsoft? Do you ever get the opportunity to "send a crash report" and to who is it being directed?

When it does run for the 20 mins you describe, what sort of functions are you running in Excel (i.e. how many symbols, what sorts of requests, any special calculations, etc).

Our offices in CA are open all day today so also please feel free to call us directly for assistance.

Thanks.

Comment

ScottJ

Thanks mate for getting back to me....

The crashing started about 5 days ago, before upgrading to 5.62.

To be totally honest it worked for a very long time without crashing (you're probably going to say the cause is something I installed).

Let me give you a typical scenario:

1) Start Datamanager
      2) Start Qlink
      3) Start esignal
      4) Start Excel with data
      5) Qlink Crashes....

When I say crash, I mean the standard microsoft message appears letting you know that Qlink has needed to close, sorry for the incovenience.

Sometimes, if it doesn't crash immediately it will run for about 20mins and then crash..

I will attach the spreadsheet Qlink crashes with

I would like to take this time for responding so quickly - I'm going nuts here ;-(

Please let me know if you need further information to help me with this

Cheers mate..

Carlton

Comment

Scott

I would call but I'm in London, and would cost me a fortune, plus I was on the phone with you colleague Oliver for nearly two hours..... but thanks for letting me know I can contact you if I so wish.

Comment

Tried uploading spreadsheet, but message says its too big... although its only 386Kb
          Last edited by cpatte7372; 05-18-2011, 01:02 PM.

Comment

Not that it should make much of a difference, but why do you start the DM by itself? Have you tried just starting eSignal (to load the DM) and then Excel, then QLink?

I think you meant QLink 3.62 below so are you saying all the crashing started right after going to the latest version?

Also, what are the PC specs and o/s?

Thanks.

Comment

Hi Scott,

Thanks for responding.

While troubleshooting with one of your colleagues, I was told to test whether the problem was esignl 10.6 by just running datamanger, Qlink, and Excel. If Qlink still crashed then we could rule out esignal.

Im running XP, 32bit.

It actually crashed before 3.62.

Thanks

Comment

Thanks. I think the best next step is to have a technician remote into your PC and see if they can spot any reason for the crashes. Short of that, we usually have to resort to doing clean installs and hope there was simply a corrupted file and once removed, all is OK. I've alerted the London office to this thread so someone will be in contact tomorrow or you can just call into the London office.

Thanks.

Comment

Thanks Scott, I appreciate it.

Comment

Did you figure this out yet? There's not a ton of description here, and I just scanned this, but the behavior sounds like you need to disable DEP in the System control panel. Do you have a crashlog?

Comment

Working...
                    X