Qlink 3.0 Indicators

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Qlink 3.0 Indicators

I have been using Qlink 2.0 and DDE links to pull data for original indicators from Esignal to excel. I have been told by Esignal support though, that they are no longer supporting Qlink 2.0. I understand I can continue using the setup as I have it now, but I'd rather be using the currently supported version. Has this functionality been added to Qlink 3.0 yet? I checked a few months ago and told not yet. Are there any updates on this? ( I tried Tech support but they directed me here)

Thanks

I'm not sure what you mean by original indicators. Which fields are you attempting to pull data into Excel from?
    Thank you,
    Eric O.
    eSignal Support

Comment

Originally posted by eostrom View Post
      I'm not sure what you mean by original indicators. Which fields are you attempting to pull data into Excel from?
      Original Indicators = indicators that I have coded myself. Using DDE links with Qlink 2, I have these indicators feeding realtime into Excel.

Heres an example

Code:
      var HiLoHigh = null;
      var ddeHiLoHigh = null;

function preMain() {
         setPriceStudy(true);
          setStudyTitle("HiLoHigh");
          setCursorLabelName("HiLoHigh", 0);
          setDefaultBarStyle(PS_SOLID, 0);
          setDefaultBarFgColor(Color.red, 0);
          setDefaultBarThickness(2, 0);
          setPlotType(PLOTTYPE_LINE, 0);
      }

function main() {

if (getHour(0) > 8) {  
         HiLoHigh= highest(90, high(),-1);
          }

if (HiLoHigh == null) {
              var sName = "HiLoHigh" + getSymbol() + getInterval();
              sName = sName.replace(/\$/g, ""); // remove $ from string
              sName = sName.replace(/\#/g, ""); // remove # from string
              sName = sName.replace(/\-/g, "");
              sName = sName.replace(/\(/g, "");
              sName = sName.replace(/\)/g, "");
              sName = sName.replace(/\ /g, "_") // replace space with underscore
              debugPrintln("DDE Link for Excel =eSignal|EFS!"+sName);
              ddeHiLoHigh= new DDEOutput(sName);
          }

ddeHiLoHigh.set(HiLoHigh);

return HiLoHigh;
      }

Comment

You can code things to use the data coming in from QLink as well. The following link should have further information on some of the syntax that should be used.

http://download.esignal.com/products/rtd/help/RTD.htm
        Thank you,
        Eric O.
        eSignal Support

Comment

You can code things to use the data coming in from QLink as well. The following link should have further information on some of the syntax that should be used.

http://download.esignal.com/products/rtd/help/RTD.htm
          Thank you for the Reply Eric. I am familiar with the basic functionality of Qlink 3 and the RTD links related to symbol data ( real time and historical). my question is specifically related to indicator data, specifically ones that have been coded by the user. I have posted a full example of an indicator that I am currently using and the workaround for Qlink 2.0 that was previously offered by Esignal support. To repeat my question, is it possible to feed data ( real time) from indicators in Esignal via Qlink3.0 to Excel as it is with Qlink 2.0?

Eric And just for reference here is the thread where I originally discussed this with yourself. ( A solution for this exact issue was not far away at that time)

http://forum.esignal.com/showthread....s-problem-help

Thanks
          Last edited by maninjapan; 10-02-2013, 09:52 AM.

Comment

Ah yes, I remember this now. I misunderstood the question I thought you were writing indicators in Excel. Let me get some more information on this for you.
            Thank you,
            Eric O.
            eSignal Support

Comment

Ah yes, I remember this now. I misunderstood the question I thought you were writing indicators in Excel. Let me get some more information on this for you.
              Thank you very much. Would be a big help if this functionality has been included.

Comment

Eric, any info on this? Don't want to come across as pushy or anything, but I would have thought, that seeing as we are just confirming whether Qlink has this functionality or not, we should be able to get a response on this fairly quickly.

Thanks for your help though

Comment

We are still looking into this. It looks like the EFS module is built into QLink at this point, but we are still checking some things. I should have more information by tomorrow. I apologize for the delay.
                  Thank you,
                  Eric O.
                  eSignal Support

Comment

We are still looking into this. It looks like the EFS module is built into QLink at this point, but we are still checking some things. I should have more information by tomorrow. I apologize for the delay.

Hi Eric, any updates on where this is at, when it will be released, what the actual hold up is?

Thanks

Comment

It doesn't look like we will be implementing this into the QLink application at this time. Although it is something that we may revisit at a later date, as of right now it is not a priority. If indicators are needed in QLink then they would have to be coded through Excel rather than QLink at this point in time. Thank you for the inquiry.
                      Thank you,
                      Eric O.
                      eSignal Support

Comment

Working...
                      X