X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• QLink Toolbar missing

Hi,
    I have seen some earlier posts about this but they do not solve my problem:
    I have installed QLink 3.01.0075 and use it with Excel 2010.
    I can see the Interactive Data RTD, but no QLink, under Add-Ins.
    When I try to browse/add Qlink, the folder does not include "valid add-ins". There is an EXE file in QLink which does run on its own, but it doesn't have anything to do with Excel.
    I am trying to get Time & Sales exported into Excel, so the available RTD Add-In doesn't help me.
    Thanks for any feedback!
    Tom

Please download the version of QLink at the following link and let me know if you still get the same issue, thank you.

http://share.esignal.com/groupconten...=&groupid=1270
    Thank you,
    Eric O.
    eSignal Support

Comment

Hi Eric,
      Thanks for the fast reply. Unfortunately, I cannot open the file you linked QLinkSetupDA125 (2).zip, it is "not compatible with the version of windows I am running". (Windows 7 Professional 64-bit)
      Regards, Thomas

Comment

it should definitely run on that version of windows. We have that version here and it's working, you have to save the file to your computer first and then extract it. Is that what you are doing?
        Thank you,
        Eric O.
        eSignal Support

Comment

It's running now and QLink is connected, but still only RTD Add-in, no QLink Toolbar in Excel. The folder Interactivedata/QLink 3.1 doesn't seem to contain any .xll or .xla files either.
          Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks, Thomas

Comment

The QLink folder doesn't include those files. There should be two different add-ins that are in Excel though. Interactive Data RTD and Interactive Data RTD Ribbon AddIn. Are you seeing these two in Excel?
            Thank you,
            Eric O.
            eSignal Support

Comment

Hi Eric, yes I do see the two, and I can use RTD to link live tickers to my spreadsheet. However, what I am really interested in is having Time & Sales ticks available at a click. This, I believe, requires the QLink Toolbar
              http://share.esignal.com/ContentRoot...nk_Toolbar.gif
              which I just cannot get for some reason.
              Thanks,
              Thomas

Comment

You can request bars through QLink using the request historical table option which is a button on the QLink toolbar, yes. There currently isn't a way to get Time and Sales data into Excel using QLink though. That screenshot is of a very old version of QLink.
                Thank you,
                Eric O.
                eSignal Support

Comment

Oh. That answers the question then, thanks.
                  Not sure if you can point me in the right direction for what I want to do instead. For my proprietary trading signal I need to use ticks data, not bars. Let's say I want to calculate my own VWAP for a certain time period (using a SUMIF logic type function and the price and volume data from T&S), is there a way to 'manipulate' the existing Time & Sales window in eSignal? Let's say I get myself up to speed as a developer, or hire someone to do it? Or is the only way to export a certain bucketed amount of data each time and operate outside eSignal (with Excel Macros etc)?
                  As I said, this goes way beyond the scope of the original question, but any feedback would be greatly appreciated!!! Cheers - Thomas

Comment

Sorry, me again. In the manual for QLink 2.0 there is mention of a "Request Time and Sales" button. So this has gone with 3.x right? Is it possible to instal 2.0?
                    Thanks, Thomas

Comment

You can download QLink 2.0 from the following link, though we no longer support this program.

http://kb.esignal.com/article.aspx?article=4985&p=1
                      Thank you,
                      Eric O.
                      eSignal Support

Comment

Working...
                      X