Samsung SPH-i700 phone and PDA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Samsung SPH-i700 phone and PDA

I was looking at the Samsung SPH-i700 phone / PDA as it is the one that is supported by my local provider, Verizon. Here is a link to the Samsung . I have not purchased yet, but this seems to be a nice one that is a PDA and a phone so this is the one I have my eye on. There is an unlimited data service contract available, separate from a phone contract, which appeals to me.

Has anyone been successful with this unit? Here is another link on the SPH-i700 link. The idea of having a portable solution, MarketCenter, with real time quotes in addition to streaming charts is great. I am checking on broker access (IB) tomorrow with Verizon, but it should not be a problem based on the WAP 2 browser.

TIA

Hi Steve,

I'm not sure if these have been tested yet, but I'll pass this post on to the product manager for their review.

Thanks for the details on these!

Regards,
    Andy

Comment

I received the Samsung SPH-i700 PDA/phone with Verizon Wireless service for Christmas. I think it's one of the best Pocket PC pda/phones. QuoTrek loaded fine and so far no problems. The digital camera works great.

Comment

ztrader,

Thanks for the excellent post, do you by any chance use Interactive Brokers? If so, have you been successful at accessing their mobile trading platform?

TIA

Regards,

Comment

I don't use Interactive Brokers, but I was able to get to the IB site with the Samsung SPH-i700. I'm sure if you have an account you could login with the SPH-i700.

IB has a lot of info on mobile trading at the link below.

http://www.interactivebrokers.com/in....html~top.body

Comment

I just installed QuoTrek beta version 20040109c on my Samsung i700 with Verizon service and it is working fine. Cool new feature is it now it auto connects to the Internet, I just start QuoTrek and it all starts up automatically.

ztrader

Comment

I am in the process of doing the same, regretfully, the "express network" unlimited data plan was not set up on my account correctly and their service department had me perform a hard reset on the unit.

This is a very nice PDA/phone combo unit, thanks for your previous posts!

Comment

Well, this is my first day with the Samsung running QuoTrek, and is it nice. I have my stock portfolio loaded, getting the real time quotes, it is pretty nice. I see some things that would be nice to fine tune and I will send a note to the beta team using this link.

The QuoTrek package is very nice. I had a wireless Palm last year and the live quote packages out there did not hold a candle to what eSignal has come out with here. I look forward to using it, thanks again eSignal!

Regards,

Comment

Great! Thanks Steve for sending that feedback into our Beta group. It's suggestions our Dev. Team really thrives on, and QuoTrek will truly become a trader's product that way!

With much appreciation...
                  Regards,
                  Jay F.
                  Product Manager

Comment

Thanks Jay, I had initially sent a number of notes to the Beta Test group, but have only had feedback on one of them, regarding disconnecting from the service when the backlight goes off in 3 to 5 min. To be effective, I personally feel that feedback in response to comments on the beta product is very important, otherwise, you may feel your feedback is falling on deaf ears.

Anyways, I am going to use the product for a while longer such that I am more familiar with the unit to provide more valuable feedback to the beta group.

One question to ztrader, how were you able to get QuoTrek to it auto connect to the Internet? I have to run explorer first, then run QuoTrek.

BTW I am adding this to my post, I just downloaded the new beta which automatically connects to the internet, my feedback was followed up on almost immediately, thanks again eSignal!

Regards,

Last edited by ; 01-20-2004, 05:57 PM.

Comment

I downloaded the latest beta version (Version 20040116b) from

http://www.esignal.com/quotrek/beta/install.asp

That version fixed that issue, it connects as soon as you run QuoTrek.

I also went to System Setting on i700 to have the backlight stay on, I got tired of seeing the backlight go off every 3-5 minutes.

ztrader

Comment

Working...
                      X