Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Couple of Issues

Hi,

I thought I'd just post a couple of issues I've noticed after trying out the Quotrek on an IPAQ this weekend.

1) Symbol 6E H4 causes the entire program to crash & exit. Message as follows: "Uncaught exception java/lang/arithmeticexception"

2) In the portfolio, when adding symbols you need to return the focus to the empty box after adding a symbol...otherwise on these small handhelds (at least with the iPaq it's a real pain)

3) the Change column within the portfolios needs to be expanded/expandable...my currency quotes are truncated.

4) What ports is the server using? T-Mobile has free mobile internet access, but only for ports 25,110, & 80 (mail & web respectively)

thanks,
    james
    Last edited by arvane; 01-12-2004, 03:58 AM.

James,

1) The latest version pulls up a chart and quote ok on 6E H4. Please make sure you are using the latest version 20040106a. You can download the latest from http://www.quotrek.com

2) Focus seems to return to the Add area for me (using iPAQ 4350). For instance, I'll go to Edit Symbols, tap in the Add field, type in a symbol and press Ok (i.e. Enter), and then I can repeat typing in more symbols and pressing Ok after that without having to refocus the cursor. This could be the case of an older version of QuoTrek causing this, or this may be due to using a different iPAQ then I am. If the latter, please specify which iPAQ you have.

3) I agree. I'll pass this along to our Development Team to consider adding.

4) The latest version of QuoTrek uses port 80.
    Regards,
    Jay F.
    Product Manager

Comment

Jay,

I am using 20040106a and I do get the focus to return to the box after hitting the virtual 'Enter' key....I had previously been hitting the 'ADD' button next to the box and that is when the entry area would lose focus...

I'm not sure what has changed, but I can now enter 6E H4...

FWIW...when I first installed the program there were 2 icons of quotrek installed into the Programs directory of my iPaq....now there is only one...the only thing I did after the aforementioned error was run Quotrek in 'DEMO' mode.....?

thanks,
      James
      Last edited by arvane; 01-13-2004, 10:10 AM.

Comment

Jay,

I can connect just fine if the iPaq is in it's cradle, but cannot connect when using my phone...My current setup is iPaq -> Bluetooth -> GSM phone (TMobile).....using this setup I am able to retrieve my email and surf the web with no problems...but cannot connect to the quotrek server....any ideas? I suspected this might have been a port issue that's why I had asked...

thanks,
        James

Comment

We haven't had any testers with this setup yet, so until we have a similar setup in-house to compare against, it would be difficult to say what might be causing that. I'll check with a few of my resources on this, and post back with any additional details I find. If you are able to connect, we'd certainly appreciate if you would post any details you find on the matter.

Thanks.
          Regards,
          Jay F.
          Product Manager

Comment

Originally posted by arvane
            Jay,

I am using 20040106a and I do get the focus to return to the box after hitting the virtual 'Enter' key....I had previously been hitting the 'ADD' button next to the box and that is when the entry area would lose focus...

I'm not sure what has changed, but I can now enter 6E H4...

FWIW...when I first installed the program there were 2 icons of quotrek installed into the Programs directory of my iPaq....now there is only one...the only thing I did after the aforementioned error was run Quotrek in 'DEMO' mode.....?
            I am able to duplicate the focus issue on the Portfolio Edit Symbols screen. I'll pass that along as a suggestion to change that.

Regarding the 6E crash, the best thing to do is get the log file to our developers to investigate further if this occurs again. You can send them the log file, along with a description of the crash to [email protected]. The log file can be found under \SuperWaba\QuoTrek\DebugConsole.txt
            Regards,
            Jay F.
            Product Manager

Comment

James,

The BlueTooth connection issue may have been resolved with the latest release (Version 20040109c). You can head over to http://www.quotrek.com or just use this link to download the latest.
              Regards,
              Jay F.
              Product Manager

Comment

Jay,

I uninstalled the previous release and installed the 20040109c release, and unfortunately it still timeouts when trying to login...

It says Feed: disconnect, reason = Could not connect

When uninstalling the previous release I made certain that no versions of that release where still installed prior to installing the new release.

If your guys would put a few more flags in the login routine I would be happy to let them now where the routine is getting hung up on....

thanks,
                James

Comment

James,

I just heard back that an Outgoing TCP connection on port 2812 is used for authentication, so if a device is limited to mail and web ports (i.e. 25, 80, 110), then QuoTrek will be unable to connect.
                  Regards,
                  Jay F.
                  Product Manager

Comment

Jay,

Thanks...that explains it then...its too bad...to open that extra port up would require a full internet subscription on top of the mobile carriers standard charge (another $20/month)....

oh well....

thanks,
                    james
                    Last edited by arvane; 01-14-2004, 11:20 AM.

Comment

Jay,

Any chance they can drop an option into a setup dialog for entering a proxy address?

James

Comment

Working...
                      X