How much data?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How much data?

Anyone who has been playing with QuoTrek for a bit. How much data are you using in a month (or week, if you haven't been using it for a full month yet)?

Trying to figure out the best subscription plan from my wireless provider....

Thanks!

Garth
    Garth

Garth,

This may be difficult to ascertain based on my limitied experience. For example, each time my Samsung unit dims the display by turning down the backlight, it disconnects from the data service even though QuoTrek is still displaying live charts. Therefore data usage is minimized.

Presently, when I have not used the unit for 3 to 5 minutes, It goes to power save and disconnects me. Once I am disconnected, I have to logoff, then relog onto the service.

Interestingly, ZTrader loads his QuoTrek and it connects to his data service automatically. Mine on the other hand, I have to run internet explorer to connect and then start QuoTrek, of course I am using a Microsoft operating system....

Regards,

Comment

...and to answer your question, I have used 297 kb since 01/14/2004, which constitutes 2 days of relatively high access, cumulative 30 min each day. Also just downloaded new beta version 20040116b which now auto connects to the internet.
      Last edited by ; 01-20-2004, 05:44 PM.

Comment

Thanks Steve.

I'm looking forward to this, can't wait to start playing with QuoTrek.

Garth
        Garth

Comment

Garth,

Just a followup, 156 kb today, quotes only, I'll try charts tomorrow.

Regards,

Comment

Working...
          X