Freelance EFS programmer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Freelance EFS programmer

I am looking at using the services of a freelance EFS programmer to do some scripting.

The initial scripting is not complex and involves the development of fairly simple back testable strategies.

Previous experience with verifiable credentials would be of advantage.

For making payments I intend to use the services of eLance.com.

If anyone is interested you can either post a reply here or contact me directly at [email protected]

Joseph Antony

Re: Freelance EFS programmer

Joseph
    You can find the list of EFS Consultants in this article of the EFS KnowledgeBase
    Alex

Originally posted by kojakrt
    I am looking at using the services of a freelance EFS programmer to do some scripting.

The initial scripting is not complex and involves the development of fairly simple back testable strategies.

Previous experience with verifiable credentials would be of advantage.

For making payments I intend to use the services of eLance.com.

If anyone is interested you can either post a reply here or contact me directly at [email protected]

Joseph Antony

Comment

Alex,

Thank you for the response

I had gone through the consultants and I may finalise on one early next week for a specific project but I am surprised that there are NO "free lance" EFS programmers.

Also, as I am trying to pick up Javascript skills so that I can do my own tweaking (and maybe more eventually) I was wondering if there is anyone who could provide some mentoring to someone who has not done any serious coding and is getting introduced to Javascript now. I have gone through almost all the material on the eSignal site including the videos. I know it will take some time...

One of the things I am struggling with is trying to do a MA crossover on a VWAP using one of the VWAP files posted by you.
      I just could not call the values. For e.g.

var xVWAP = .........
      debugPrintln(xVWAP(-5) // my test

returned [Object Series]. Is this because access is protected or I am not accessing it the right way.

This may be areal dumb query and I apologise. Maybe a group for absolute newbies like me is a good thing....

Joseph[B]
      Last edited by Jose5048; 04-02-2009, 09:48 PM.

Comment

Joseph

var xVWAP = .........

returned [Object Series]. Is this because access is protected or I am not accessing it the right way.
        You are getting [Object Series] because you are calling the Series Object rather than its values and not because of any protection. To retrieve its value(s) use the getValue() method of the Series Object [see the link for the description and syntax] just like you would do with any eSignal builtin function eg
        xVWAP.getValue(0) for the current bar's value or
        xVWAP.getValue(-1) for the prior bar's value, -2 for two bars back etc
        Alex

[B]Alex,

Thank you for the response

I had gone through the consultants and I may finalise on one early next week for a specific project but I am surprised that there are NO "free lance" EFS programmers.

Also, as I am trying to pick up Javascript skills so that I can do my own tweaking (and maybe more eventually) I was wondering if there is anyone who could provide some mentoring to someone who has not done any serious coding and is getting introduced to Javascript now. I have gone through almost all the material on the eSignal site including the videos. I know it will take some time...

One of the things I am struggling with is trying to do a MA crossover on a VWAP using one of the VWAP files posted by you.

var xVWAP = .........

This may be areal dumb query and I apologise. Maybe a group for absolute newbies like me is a good thing....

Joseph

Comment

Alex,

Thank you for the response.

Joseph

Comment

Joseph
            You are most welcome
            Alex

Alex,

Thank you for the response.