Edit symbol for MHI Q4-HKF

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Edit symbol for MHI Q4-HKF

I have 2 questions and would someone pls be kind enough to advise?

1) Below message is from eSignal Website. Is it the case anymore? I have tried to get the data of MSFT using eSignal+Metastock Pro without asking for activation of this bit previously but I can still download the data.
    ---------------------------------------------------------
    You need to contact eSignal Customer Service and we will add a special Equis bit to your service. That will enable you to effectively run Metastock and eSignal together. If you do not get this Equis bit activated, you will get an error message when you try to connect Metastock to eSignal. There is no charge to add this service bit.

2) Second, I trade MHI future mainly (eg, MHI Q4-HKF). Would you pls advise how I should define the symbol in Metastock Pro?

The symbol MHI is not available. Actually, "HKF" is not available in the Exchange field too. I have tried to enter the symbol as "MHI Q4-HKF" but it doesn't work.

Thx.
    Attached Files

Hi Richard,

On issue #1, there was some talk about adding the Equis by default to all accounts so customers wouldn't have to call and add it. Not sure that went to effect or not but from your experience, perhaps it has. If you go into the Data Manager and check services, you can see whether the service EQ is listed. If it's listed, then the Equis bit has been added to your account. If it's not listed, then something else is going on. Please send me a PM with your username so I can check your account on Monday as well.

On #2, European futs should work just fine in Metastock but I'm not familiar enough with the program to confirm the correct settings. They look OK from here. Hopefully, an existing Metastock user can jump in and assist.

Thanks.

Comment

Richard
      If you want to create charts for symbols that are not enabled for Data On Demand (see this thread) then you first need to use the Downloader that comes with Metastock to create the security as a Local file. At that point you can create a chart in Metastock Pro for that security. However as these symbols do not work with Data On Demand (ie the data is collected and stored by File Server only when online) you will also need a 3rd party data downloader to retrieve historical data.
      Here below an image of a MHI Q4-HKF 5 minute chart (based on 1 minute data downloaded with Qcollector).
      Alex

Comment

I can see below in the Services panel of Data Manager:
        Basic: NYSE NASD MFMM INDX FILE N-BA FULL BB P56 PCFC AUTH0
        Premium: L0 S200 57 59 71

So it seems that the Equis bit is not present but I can still download the data of MSFT....

As for creating charts for symbols not enabled for Data on Demand, let me try and maybe test the 3rd party programme first. thx!!!
        Attached Files

Comment

Working...
        X