Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

tickers for euro, BUND y Eurostoxx50, (and Metastock setup questions)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tickers for euro, BUND y Eurostoxx50, (and Metastock setup questions)

Hello,

I am new on this and need some help. I am trying to find some tickers to start with:

1. Euro dolar, I need the one that shows euros per dolar, it must be around 1.24 now

2. BUND, this does not look good on charts, I am using GB 4Z-FX but I want the one with no expiration, which one is it

3. Eurostoxx50, I am using $SX5E-STX, is that the one that everyone follows?

Apart from that I realise that if I try to download a quotation in Metastock 9.0 which is not in the Database (quotations from spain that I am subscribed) the mswin module gives an error and blocks my metastock. This does not happen if I try with $INDU i.e. which is in the database of eSignal whithin Metastock. Does this sound familiar to you?. If this has happened to you can you tell me how to fix it?

Many thanks,

Oscar

Oscar
    1. Depends if you are looking for Forex or futures symbols
    If Forex then the symbol is EUR A0-FX (note the 0 in A0 is zero not the letter o). If futures then the symbols for the current front months are 6E Z4 for the elctronically traded contract and EC Z4 for the pit traded contract (corresponding continuous contracts are 6E #F and EC #F).
    2. The symbol for the BUND is GB Z4-DT. A continuous contract is not available (yet).
    3. That is the symbol commonly used.
    Alex

Comment

Many thanks Alexis. I appreciate your accurate answer. Bear with me, I have 2 additional questions:

1. I am not sure but it seems that I cannot collect the bar for today (daily charts) before the close although I have real-time. That is something I don't understand since I can see the bar in the eSignal software but if I use QcollectorPro to convert it to metastock the last bar received is from yesterday. I contacted Qcollector and they say that is the way eSignal works. How is that possible?, the bar is there in eSignal and not available in other apps????

2. My metastock 9.0 gets blocked everytime I try to load a chart. I go to open chart, I select the eSignal menu from the left side, I enter the ticker. When the chart appears I receive the following messasge "mswin has detected a problem and must close". I have tried creating the symbol before, downloading with the downloader but I does not work.
      If I use the downloader I only collect 1 day although I set up year 2000 as initial year. I suspect this has to do with the historical data or a configuration problem in the data manager. Can you tell me what is wrong here?

Thank you very much in advance
      Oscar

Comment

Oscar
        1. As far as I can remember it has always been like that when using third party applications ie that the daily data is available only at the close of the day.
        2. What symbol(s) are you trying to chart? (a couple of examples should suffice to replicate the issue if any).
        Alex

Comment

Regarding 1, I used to have another vendor and they provided the last quote as if it was the close allowing you to download the bar for today although it was not definitive. I got used this way. I understand this is not the way eSignal works.

Regarding question 2:

TEF-MAC
          AMS-MAC
          SAN-MAC

I open Metastock, it connects to data vendor, I can see metastock file server and equis data server running. If I have a look to the log of these I can see "connection request accepted". everything seems to be ok.

File, open, eSignal icon (left). Hundreds of files appear to be loaded but I am limited to 100, someone suggested to me this morning to delete the excess of 100 but they can not be deleted. Neither of those it is the ticker I want to open. If I open one of those I get the following message "mswin has detected a problem and must close" also.

I enter the ticker: TEF-MAC. The chart appears and I can see plenty of activity in the hard disk. When it finishes I obtain a message "mswin has detected a problem and must close" and metastock closes itself.

I have Metastock 8.0 and tried (previus parragraph is my attempt with metastock 9.0) but it happen the same. The log is normal "sending request to vendor for TEF-MAC updates", "request from client 2 for TEF-MAC accepted".

Any idea?

Thanks

Oscar

Comment

Oscar
            What are the trading hours for those symbols (local time)?
            Alex

Comment

9:00->17:35 Madrid/Paris time (GMT+1)

Comment

Oscar
                If you want to create charts for symbols that are not enabled for Data On Demand (see this thread on this subject) then you first need to use the Downloader that comes with Metastock to create the security as a Local file. At that point you can create a chart in Metastock Pro for that security. However as these symbols do not work with Data On Demand (ie the data is collected and stored by File Server only when online) you will also need a 3rd party data downloader to retrieve historical data. Enclosed below you see an image of a TEF-MAC 15 minute chart (based on 1 minute data downloaded with Qcollector). The chart was created with Metastock Pro 8.0 (I have version 9.0 also but have yet to install it)
                Alex

Comment

Oscar

File, open, eSignal icon (left). Hundreds of files appear to be loaded but I am limited to 100, someone suggested to me this morning to delete the excess of 100 but they can not be deleted.

Those symbols are not actually loaded but a list of the symbols that are in Metastock's database.
                  There is no advantage - that I know of - in deleting them as they are not connected to eSignal until you open a chart for them.
                  FWIW I am not seeing any of the error messages you are reporting and probably would suggest that you try a clean reinstall of Metastock.
                  Alex

Comment

I have Qcollector and tried the way you explain (by the way I had tried with local data stored with QCollector before) but again my metastock went blocked. I suspect there is something wrong with my MS. It gets blok even in off-line mode with securities that were loading fine before. I will need to reinstall it.

Thanks

oscar

Comment

Oscar
                      FWIW I have now installed Metastock 9.0 and it is working just as fine as 8.0 was so, if you plan a clean re-install you might as well run 9.0.
                      Alex

Comment

Alexis, I tried with metastock 8.0 in another PC and found the same problem. Do you open your charts with the offline version or the online version?. Do you store your historical data first with Qcollector?

Thanks

Comment

Oscar

Do you open your charts with the offline version or the online version?

Either one but primarily in online mode.

Do you store your historical data first with Qcollector?

Only if the security is not available for Data On Demand. If it is not I first create the security using The Downloader then fill in the historical data with Qcollector then create a chart in Metastock (note that you cannot have the chart open in Metastock while downloading data with Qcollector or other downloader)
                          Alex

Comment

The downloader can only download current day's daily data

Hi,

My MS 8.0 Pro can only download the current day's daily data using the downloader. This is the case for any symbol and no matter which day was set as the start date, no historical intraday/daily data was downloadable. In addition, previous day's data will be erased by next day's data, so there is always only one bar on the chart. However, it has no problem with both intraday and daily data when I use data on demand.

Can anyone offer a solution for that?

Many thanks!

Chuan
                            Last edited by chuanli67; 12-12-2004, 09:09 AM.

Comment

Chuan
                              AFAIK you can only collect daily data using The Downloader.
                              As to how to download daily data with Metastock versions 7.2 or higher see this FAQ from Equis
                              FYI I just ran a download for daily data of AX Z4-DT from 9/17/04 and below you can see a screenshot of the Collection Report
                              Alex

Comment

Working...
                              X