Futures symbols

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Futures symbols

Does any one here use Metastock pro with eSignal? I know the symbols for the eSignal platform do not work with Metastock.

When trying to chart the ES (S&P mini) only the symbol ES works. Then you get 24 hr data. It won't let you plot ES #F or ES Z4.

I am trying to figure out how to plot regular hours ES (ES #F=2) on Metastock. Any help is appreciated

playa

I know the symbols for the eSignal platform do not work with Metastock

That is not necessarily true. Only symbols from some non-US exchanges will not work in Data On Demand mode but will still be able to connect and download data (see other threads on this subject)

It won't let you plot ES #F or ES Z4

Yes it will. Create a new chart and simply type the symbol. You will get another window such as the first one shown below in which you need to insert the appropriate values.
    Then simply call up the symbol and chart it (in the two following images you can see a Daily and Intraday chart for ES #F=2)
    Alex

Comment

Thank you.

All it took was a picture. The funny thing is you have to call it up as a STOCK and not a FUTURE. That was the only thing I was doing wrong.

Thanks again.

Did you edit your post are am I going blind? I am glad I saw it before you edited
      Last edited by playa; 10-23-2004, 07:25 PM.

Comment

playa
        You can also create these symbols under Indicies or Other.
        Yes I was still editing the post and had inserted the wrong image as I wanted to use one showing Other as the Type
        Alex

Comment

Thanks alot.

What a helpful site to come to. I feel lucky.

Comment

Great
            Last edited by Jim327; 11-02-2004, 01:31 PM.

Comment

Working...
            X