Accessing Online Data with Metastock

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Accessing Online Data with Metastock

I am a new user of eSignal, and i am using it primarily as my online data, so i don't have to keep my own intraday files up to date with my pager. I have subscribed to the futures package and added Forex and ASX stocks. I can access all the data i have subscribed to using the eSignal web based platfrom, but when i access the on line folders with Metastock Pro 8.01 there are no folders for Forex data or ASX stocks.

I have emailed eSignal tech support, their response was they have enabled the Metastock "bit" to my account, and can not help any more with 3rd party software.

Metastock is communicating fine with eSignal, the problem is i can't access online folders for Forex and ASX stocks.

Any help much appreciated.

Thanks

cable

Welcome to eSignal!

There's a known issue with MS Pro and International Equity markets. In regards to ASX data, I would think that you're seeing RT updates and can retrieve Daily data but just can't get intraday data. If so, there's a series of Metastock FAQ's that explains the situation.

While we wait for Equis to make adjustments on their end, we are actually testing a new solution that could solve the problem and allow access to intraday data on Int'l Stocks ( as long as the symbol is 14 characters or less ). We should be able to make a beta version available in 4-6 weeks for user testing.

The above issue does not impact Forex data however, as Forex is stored on our domestic server farms. That may just be a set-up issue w/in MS Pro. I'd make sure the symbols are updating in eSignal and unless another MS user can offer some ideas, I'd contact Equis for further assistance.

Thanks.

Comment

Hi Scott

Thanks for the reply. I have now managed to access the esignal feed for forex and ASX data through Metastock, however I have had to create my own local security files on my hard drive. This obviously means when i shut down my files are not being updated. It also means i have no history. When i access the esignal servers i can only see the following folders;

Futures (Signal Symbols)
      Indices (Signal Symbols)
      Mutual Funds (Signal Symbols)
      Stocks - Bulletin Board (Signal Symbols)
      Stocks - Common
      Stocks - Other

What i'm looking for is access to Forex and ASX data on eSignal's servers. I expected to see a folder labelled Forex that contained all the spot and cross-rates. I expected to see a folder called Stocks - ASX that contained all the ASX stocks. I expected these to be maintained and updated on eSignal's servers, so i could log on at any time and have up to date data without having to maintain my own local files. I can't tell exactly how eSignal is integrating with Metastock, but on the surface it looks as though i am accessing MS smartcharts that have been created and are being updated on eSignal's servers.

Am i supposed to create my own smartcharts on eSignal's servers or is it just a case of eSignal not offering Forex and ASX data in this format?

Thanks

Cable

Comment

Not being familiar with Metastock's file structure, I can't directly address your question(s). Hopefully another MS user can jump in here or you'll just need to give Equis a call tomorrow and I'm sure they'll have the answers you need.

Please keep those aforementioned FAQ's in mind as they are still applicable.

Thanks.

Comment

Working...
        X