Please Help Me

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please Help Me

Could some one please tell me how to get Metastocks the downloader to work with esignal. Everytime I install Metastock and load The Downloader the vendor options area is faded away and wont let me select it.

What version of MS are you using? Is this MS EOD or real-time?

Thanks.

PS. Moved thread to the Metastock section.

Comment

Hi Scott

Im using Metastock 8.0 Professional for esignal.

I figured out what I did wrong. I'am now able to get to the vendor options. It isnt faded away anymore.

In vendor options I selected Signal for my provider and left the rest at 16min default.

But now i have another problem for some reason I 'am only able to collect one day of data even when I tell the downloader to collect 3 years of data. Do you know what I'm doing wrong.

Please help

Comment

MS Pro 8.0 should work just fine for streaming and historical data from eSignal. I don't believe it needs to run through the downloader, as that's usually reserved for EOD data requests (at least that's my understanding).

I'd say this is a better question for Equis but let me give one suggestion that might help. In the downloader, click tools, then Adjust, then the first option (start date?). I think you can adjust the starting date for each symbol or use the ctrl key to highlight many symbols and mass update. I'm going from memory on these commands so I hope I got them right.

Hope that helps. If there aren't any other MS users readily available to help, I'd suggest you contact Equis tomorrow.

Thanks.

Comment

bkbri
          As Scott indicates with Metastock Pro 8.0 the Data On Demand will automatically download data for the set/requested period.
          The Downloader is instead used if one wants to update a portfolio of securities (daily data or higher only) without necessarily opening all the corresponding charts.

Irrespective with regards to the Downloader as far as I can see it seems to be working fine.
          The sequence of images below shows a request for just over 10 years of daily data for $RUT and the results of that request/download both as a collection report (2715 data points corresponding to around 10 years) and as a chart.

As far as the sequence necessary to add historical data to existing securities the procedure suggested by Scott is correct.
          Alex

Comment

Strange for some reason I dont have the Esignal Tab in vendor options. I bought my MetaStock version of a guy. Maybe he gave me the wrong serial. Is there a chance you can send me your serial number for your version. I just want to see if its that. I believe theres limits set with The Downloader depending on what serial number you use. Maybe mines pirated. I hope not.

Thanks

Comment

bkbri
              Regretfully I cannot do that. I would suggest you contact Equis to solve this issue.
              Alex

Comment

Originally posted by bkbri
                Strange for some reason I dont have the Esignal Tab in vendor options. I bought my MetaStock version of a guy. Maybe he gave me the wrong serial. Is there a chance you can send me your serial number for your version. I just want to see if its that. I believe theres limits set with The Downloader depending on what serial number you use. Maybe mines pirated. I hope not.

Thanks
                quote:
                Originally posted by bkbri

If you cannot get the Downloader to operate properly for downloading the data from eSignal, I would suggest you try QCollector for esignal. It will save the data in MS format in the MS folders!

http://www.mechtrading.com/qcollector/esignal/index.htm

Bob

Comment

Working...
                X