Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Metastock Eod

Hi all,

Is metastock eod 8.0 compatible with e signal, because i seem to have problems in downloading the data.I was told that the realtime version is compatible but it seems strange that eod data will not be compatible since it is so readily available, and much easierto obtain, even for free on the web, than on going realtime , to update .
    If it isn't compatible can it not be fixed - ie made compatible with eod ..plzzz

Hope to hear from you all soon

Hi, I tried with online downloader from "Hypertrader". www.hypertrader.it works fine, I don't use ist anymore, but for daily data worked without problems.

It's free you have only to register

Kai

Comment

Hi kai ,could you run me through the steps you took in setting the metastock eod with e. sig .

I am rather surprised that e sig doesn't directly work through the downloader since they do advertise it as a third party software that is compatible with metastock eod ????

Thanks for your help

Comment

from silverxx12:

I am rather surprised that e sig doesn't directly work through the downloader since they do advertise it as a third party software that is compatible with metastock eod ????
        If you look a bit closer, you'll see that we list Metastock Pro on our partners page. Metastock Pro is the realtime version of 8.0 and that version is compatible with eSignal. If you check out the Metastock 8.0 EOD page, you'll see that they only tout Reuters DataLink as the data source. Reuters owns Equis, btw.

Unfortunately for users, Equis chose not to directly support eSignal's data for their 8.0 EOD version. I believe previous versions of MS EOD did work just fine with eSignal's data and the change in compatability occurred when 8.0 was released.

You may be able to export eSignal's data and then import it into MS EOD but we don't have any in-house utilities for that purpose. Might want to take a look at one of our 3p apps, QCollector.

Hope that information helps.

Thanks.

Comment

Working...
        X