X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cannot launch Metastock

When I want to start Metastock an error message says:
    EQDATSRV
    Unable to initialize vendor DLL (VENDDLL\EQDBCVND.DLL) for DBC Signal.
    The specified module could not be found.
    and
    MetaStock Professional
    The Equis Data Server refused the attachment
    I think Norton AntiVirus messed up with the installation.

Linus
    Last edited by linus71; 03-13-2004, 03:52 AM.

Linus
    Was it running before and it is no longer working or did you just install it?
    Alex

Comment

Linus
      If you installed it on a machine with win2k or winXP are you running it using the same account you used for the install?
      If from different accounts then you will probably need to reset the file locations
      Alex

Comment

Linus
        That is exactly what I was referring to.
        I can't remember the procedure off the top of my head as it has been quite a while since I had to run it but I believe that the locations that you need to reset are in the Equis Real Time Configuration in the Data Vendor tab.
        Alex

Comment

Linus,

Another aspect of this issue is the pathing of the vnd.dll folder. Just as Alex described, the proper heirarchy is: Programs>Equis International>Equis Real Time Configuration. Under the Data Vendor tab, the correct path should be

C:\Program Files\Equis\MetaStock\Servers\Venddlls

Anything other than this can also cause this issue you were experiencing.

Thanks to Alex for helping solve this issue.

Comment

Hi Linus,

This sounds like there could be some sort of a registry issue. At this point, I would perhaps uninstall MetaStock and and reinstall the software using the normal profile name rather than administrator, unless you normally log in as administrator. I hope this helps.

Comment

Linus

However I can install Metastock only with Administrator privileges - not as a User

If you wanted you could temporarily assign Administrator privileges to the User just to do the install then return the User to whatever type of account it was before (Power User, etc).
              Alex

Comment

Working...
              X