This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TS 2000i Global Server: symbols change format

Coming back to TS 2000i, after a few years of using the online version, in order to trade EUREX markets, DAX, Bund, etc, In the Global Server, my symbols change formats from AX M5-DT for the June 2005 DAX to AX200506 after about 24 hours. It is like there is some sort of reset at night that changes the format. Once the format is changed, I cannot connect and collect data. Does anyone else have this problem or know a solution. Thanks, David

David
    Where do you see this change in symbol/format? In GlobalServer Portfolio?
    Can you post some screenshots of Edit Symbol dialog box.
    Alex

Comment

I see it in the GlobalServer Portfolio. Looks like the GlobalServer is expiring some of these symbols and giving them an archive name. It is giving the symbols a 1996 expiration. I have added the front month Bund back and changed the expiration date manually instead of the default Expiration Pattern number 18 given by TS 2000i. Trying to figure out how to do a screen shot. I can plot the expired symbols data that I have downloaded from E-Signals download plug in for Tradestation but cannot get it to connect once it thinks it is expired and changes the format. Hope this info is informative enough until I can figure out how to do a screen shot.

Thanks,

David

Comment

David
        As far as I can see Pattern 18 is not the appropriate one for AX. Here is an excerpt from GlobalServer's Help
        "For March, June, September, and December, the contract expires on the seventh business day preceding the last business day of the expiration month. For all other months, the contract expires contract expires on the Friday that precedes by at least five business days the last business day of the expiration month."
        If I use the defaults set for AX by the Symbol Universe it sets the symbol up with Pattern 01 which reads as follows
        "Contracts come due on the third Friday of the expiration month."
        I am not sure though that this is the cause of the behavior you are experiencing
        Alex

Comment

I agree, found the list of pattern expirations as well, but in either case the expiration date for either would be sometime in June 2005 and shouldn't cause it to expire now. I have to change it and test it - by letting it sit for 24 hours or overnight. I am going to try my manual expiration of 6/22/2005 as well as Patern 01 and let you know. Thanks, David

Comment

update global server

I am trying to configure my trade station to receive data from e-signal but get message that need to update global server to at least 5.0.0.768. Does anyone know where i can download this version from? Many Thanks Mike

Comment

Here they are

URL removed by JayF (Admin). Please refrain from posting links to external sites.

In that address you can found all the service packs that update your version of globalserver, the help and the main program

It has also more things, I'm sure this website will like you.

Comment

Working...
              X