This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Forex data problem, not solved

I wonder what is the people doing to get Forex data. I'm sure you can think I have not read all this forum, but that is not the fact after 12 hours trying to get it on.

I have downloaded and installed the plugin and copied that dll to windows/system32. I have contacted the people at live support and almost send them hell and nobody seems to be able to give any light on the problems.

First I was not getting any data. Even the exchange CFOREX is not shown in the list. After lots of reading that sure most of you have also done, I can get data for some symbols but I cannot see the data at ts2000i.

There is also a great and useful effect I guess. It is fantastic to deactivate tick data download and the plugin goes on downloading it, but I want to download daily data from 2000 till now and I only get data for today and tomorrow.

It is fantastic how I see the data for tomorrow (in edit symbol, of course), I'm going to do some fantastic trades this way.

As I guess I can put here my opinion, at least this is a forum, I have subscribed to the worst service I have seen in all my life, and sure I'm going to recommend my friends to get a better data provider.

Greetings.

ID33253
    Perhaps if you explained what the problem is and posted some images to show some of the settings somebody may be able to help fix your setup.
    If you just go through my many messages in this forum on the subject of Forex you will see that I posted plenty of examples of the system working properly so rather than laying the blame on eSignal you may want to consider that perhaps you may not be setting up GlobalServer/TS2k correctly.
    BTW I don't work for eSignal
    Alex

Comment

Sorry

I'm very sorry, I apologize.

I probably have extended here the sentiment got at Live support and a whole night and day trying to solve the impossible.

Nobody in this forum deserves that, so I apologize sincerely.

I'll do what you say, Alexis, I'll post my screenshots. I don't know who you work for, but I have seen you in 90% of all the threads.

Thanks in advance.
      Paco.

Comment

Paco
        I am a user like yourself who eSignal has entrusted with the task of being a moderator.
        FWIW support for TS2k/eSignal is only available here in this forum.
        Anyhow if you can provide as detailed an explanation as possible of the problem(s) you are having it will be of great help in trying to find the solution
        Alex

Comment

Starting from scratch

I have globalserver version 5.00.0822 and plugin 4081. I also have copied a dll from esignal directory to windows/system32

Now globalserver symbol protfolio is empty. Absolutely empty.

So to get a symbol added I press 'Insert Symbol'. Then I change 'Template to use' to 'Forex history template' and press 'Add from Dictionary'.

Category: Forex
          Exchange: All Exchanges
          Search for:
          CHF A0-FX -> No results
          CHF A0 -> No results
          CHF -> I get the following result:

CHF Switzerland Franc CFOREX

What is surprising is that I then go to look for that exchange in the exchanges list and it is not there (checked at least several dozen times).

Then I guess it must be Forex. I select Forex as my exchange, again press Find and it is not there.

After that I restore again 'All exchanges' and press Find again, getting again the same result. I press 'Add->' and 'Add', and the first weird thing I see is that in the symbol portfolio, I have 'Exchange Listed' UNDEF.

Also the symbol is CHF A0, and not CHF A0-FX, as Livesupport has told me to write. So I press 'Edit symbol' and change symbol name to CHF A0-FX.

Then I go to settings and change Exchange listed from UNDEF to Forex. Again CForex is not in this list.

When I change it, globalserver ask me to place default settings. I answer no because I don't want the data to be altered, and I put these settings:
          Price scale: As is
          Point Value: 100000
          Daily Limit: 0
          Min Movement: 0.0001

I see sessions and it has an invalid session at Saturday, as it does not show the closing day. I put a screenshoot of this
          Attached Files

Comment

Continue from the last post

I guess then that the settings of all the sessions are wrong. I try to change them to the following:

Sun 18:01 to sun 23:58
            The rest 0:01 to 23:58 each on the same day.

This is taken from this post:
            http://forum.esignalcentral.com/show...=&threadid=770

and you posted it for a JPY A0-FX symbol

Comment

Paco
              Give me a moment of time and I will try to formulate a complete answer that will hopefully provide a solution to your problems.
              FYI most if not all the problems you have outlined up to now are specific to the TS2k/Globalserver setup and eSignal has nothing to do with those.
              Never the less be patient and I should be able to get you up and running.
              Alex

Comment

Continue from the last post

I then check the other two folders that don't seem useful for this matter, which are 'History to save' and 'Edit data'. I leave all as it is.

Then I close the dialog box and go to File-Dowload from esignal

Then I select Forex and I activate 1 minute, 1 day and bid tick. OK and OK again, then the data is downloaded (at least that's what it seems) and when I edit data I find this thing I attach in another image
                Attached Files

Comment

Paco
                  One quick question as I continue to formulate the reply which will be posted later.
                  Did you run the Setup Wizard in GlobalServer to set it up to use eSignal as the data feed?
                  Alex

Comment

more

yes, of course, thanks for your interest

Comment

Paco
                      Here is what you need to do to set up CHF A0-FX (or any other Forex symbol) in GlobalServer.

0. Delete the existing CHF symbol you have in Portfolio

1. Click Insert->Symbol and the following window opens

2. Select Forex template (we will change it later) and click Add from Dictionary. The following window opens

3. Set it up for a Search using the parameters shown. Click Find and the following appears
                      Note: If you do not have CFOREX use FOREX as the Exchange

4. Click Add-> and the following window opens

5. Select A0 - Spot and click OK. The following should appear

6. Click add and the following window reappears.

7. Click OK and you will be back at the Portfolio in GlobalServer with the symbol added to the Portfolio

8. Double click the symbol and the Edit Symbol window will appear. Click the Forex tab and set it up as shown in the following window

9. Then click the Sessions tab and set it up as follows

10 Click the History to Save tab and set it up as follows.

Continues in the next post

Comment

Continued from prior post

11. Click on the Edit tab. There should be No Data Available

12. At this point the symbol is set up in GlobalServer and ready to receive data either in real time or through the ActiveX Plugin

13. In GlobalServer select File->Download from eSignal. The following window opens

14. Set it up as shown EVEN IF you are not going to be saving 1 Minute and 1 Day Trade Record (you may in a second moment). Click OK and the following windows appear

15. Click OK In the next image you can see the data being downloaded

In the next image you can see the download is completed and data is being stored (the process is not yet complete though)

Once storing is completed if I go back to the Edit tab you will see that the Available Range is exactly what I requested

In the next image you can see the data is now available to TradeStation and can be plotted without any problems.
                        Total time to perform all these steps was no more than 5 minutes

If you want real time data you now need to Connect the symbol to the feed after you made sure that GlobalServer is Online.

Comment

It's getting better

Although my process has not been exactly the same, as I got UNDEF for the exchange and CForex or Crossmar are not listed at all, the program does download the tick data for some days.

Also a thing that I consider very important, I don't see ticks for tomorrow.

The problem now is to download the daily data, to be able to get a big period of time. Also daily data is not being stored, as we took it out from the 'History to save' list.

Thanks very much indeed for your elaborated answer.

Comment

Paco

CForex or Crossmar are not listed at all

If you do not have CFOREX listed in the Exchanges look for FOREX. One of the two will be there.
                            UNDEF is not an ideal option because the time zone for UNDEF is Eastern Time and not GMT as for FOREX or CFOREX.

Also a thing that I consider very important, I don't see ticks for tomorrow

With regards to "tomorrow's ticks" that was due to your Sessions setup. Depending on the Offset between the Local and Exchange Time that simply time stamped the data for a time zone in which the date was already 04/08/2005.
                            In the following two images is an example of what I mean. In the first image you can see the data in my Local Time. Notice that the dates for the available data range are 4/3/2005 to 4/7/2005.

Now look at the same exact data using Exchange Time. Notice that the available data range is now from 4/3/2005 to 4/8/2005. This however does not mean it is "tomorrow's data". It just means that the time offset places the data in tomorrow's date.

In GlobalServer you have to be very specific about how you set up symbols, etc and you must understand the implications of the choices you make.
                            Once again it is important to point out that none of the issues you were experiencing had anything to do with eSignal and were instead related to an incorrect setup of GlobaServer/TS2k

Also daily data is not being stored, as we took it out from the 'History to save' list.

As to saving Daily (or other) data you need to thoroughly read this thread as it exaplains in detail how Forex data is provided by eSignal and stored/manipulated by GlobalServer/TS2k
                            Hope this helps
                            Alex

Comment

Sorry, no solution

I have made all that you have told me and I still don't get any results.

I thank you a lot your efforts Alexis, but this really is not the service I paid.

Anyway I'll try to uninstall everything and start from the scratch.

Thanks a lot again

Paco

Comment

Working...
                              X