This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Paco
    With all due respect what you are paying for is a data service and that does not include how to get the data into a third party program or how to set up a third party program. The latter two are your responsibility.
    Alex

Comment

Not the same point of view

Alexis, before giving my credit card number to the salesman, I asked several times because I wanted real time data feeding tradestation. The salesman said twice I would have no problem at all.

I think that has definitely nothing in common with reality.

I'm making a last try anyway.

Thanks again, I appreciate very much your efforts and dedication. esignal made an excellent decission getting you to answer questions in these forums (or moderate or how you like to call it)

Comment

Paco
        As a matter of fact it does work and has done so for many years by the way so the salesperson was absolutely correct.
        The issue is that you need to know how to set up and use GlobalServer/TradeStation in the first place. You instead expect eSignal to provide you with support on that program which is completely outside of their responsibility.
        Alex

Comment

I wouldn't say that way

But according to what I have been told and have read, I think I must give it a try taking other ways. So I'll keep trying other things for a while, and if I don't solve it, I'll look here for the technical support not found in other places.

I do have a lot more of knowledge in this try, mainly due to your help provided to me and to many others, so I'm positive about this.

I will never have the same point of view as you. I own a bussiness and if I tell someone 'you won't have any problem', he has not any problem at all. That's my way of doing things. And I have to add that it has kept me away of problems for a long time.

You are the best technical support I have ever seen, though, so I must keep trying at least for this one more try.

Thanks very much indeed again, I'll post the result when it's done, whatever it be.

Comment

Paco,

Alex is correct. It is a client's responsibility to setup 3rd party software. We have even provided a free plug-in to enhance the third party product and make it better interface with our data service, along with all the instructions necessary to complete the integration. Beyond that, eSignal cannot support TradeStation 2000i or setup involved with such product.

The sales representative was correct in saying that this TS2000i does integrate with eSignal, and while his claim that it wouldn't be a problem at all didn't apply to you, in the past many clients have been able to go through this process successfully. The sales rep was just going off that past history.

I would suggest going with what you mentioned before... uninstalling and starting from scratch. Be sure to clearly go through each step listed in Alex's guide. It has all the necessary steps to get the integration successfully completed.

I will be closing this thread as there isn't any further issues to discuss. If another issue arises or a different topic comes up you wish to discuss, feel free to start a new thread.

If you have any comments about this post, please feel free to Private Message me directly.
            Regards,
            Jay F.
            Product Manager

Comment

Working...
            X