New Continuous Contracts in Global Server

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Continuous Contracts in Global Server

In Esignal vers 7.9 there are continuos contracts of the bund and DAX.
    I tried to insert the e.g. AX 1!-DT in global server like the AX M5-DT. But i can`t get any data?
    Expire date etc. i have configured like eg. the ES -continous.
    Is there any other config necessary?

Thanks

The new continuous contracts symbology is being done at the client software level (ie, eSignal 7.9, not our servers). This is to allow individuals to customize their rollovers to their own preferences (it seems everybody likes something different when it comes to rollovers and back adjustments).

The downside of this is that they will not be available in lower level software such as the global server.

Comment

I would also like to know about configuring continuous futures contracts with TS2000i - Was it easy with 7.8? I know there was no control over when the contracts rolled with 7.8.

Will it be possible to do these with 7.9and 2000i?

Also - can the old #F continuous contracts still be used with 7.9 and 2000?

thanks in advance for the help.
      Last edited by calendar; 04-13-2005, 09:58 AM.
      pay attention or pay the offer

Comment

No, you will only be able to use the new continuous contracts if you use the 7.9 eSignal software, as it is done at the client software level. 2000i will not be able to use the new continuous contracts or configure them.

#F will still be used as normal with 2000i and 7.9.

Comment

Thanks for the quick response.

One more question.

Can I build a continuous contract to my specs in 7.9 and then export that data into an ascii file?

Once again, I appreciate the help.
          pay attention or pay the offer

Comment

calendar
            Yes you can using the Data Export Tool
            Alex

Comment

Working...
            X