This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Support for eSignal Plugin for TradeStation2000i

Can anyone direct me support desk for the eSignal Plugin for TradeStation2000i?

Migraine
    See this post in regards to support available for the Plugin
    Alex

Comment

Alex,

Thank you for your informative response, to my quiry. After exhaustive searching. My question still remains "Can anyone direct me to the support desk for eSignal Plugin for TradeStation2000i?"

Thank you in advance for this request.

Comment

Migraine,

In the post that Alex has referred you to, there is a line that states, "Please keep in mind that support for this new utility will be limited as our staff has not been trained on the use of Tradestation or the Global Server. Please direct all your questions or suggestions to this forum."

In essence, there is no support desk for this plug-in.
        Regards,
        Jay F.
        Product Manager

Comment

Thank you Jay,

Any suggestions where a Plugin user can obtain technical information regarding the proper configuration documentation?

As suggested by you, all of my inquiries will be restricted to this forum regarding the Plugin issue.

Again thank you

Comment

Originally posted by Alexis C. Montenegro
            Migraine
            See this post in regards to support available for the Plugin
            Alex

The pages that you sent him to send him to TradeStation and TradeStation has re-directed those references to their home page. Please update your references.

Larry

Comment

Originally posted by Migraine
              Alex,

Thank you for your informative response, to my quiry. After exhaustive searching. My question still remains "Can anyone direct me to the support desk for eSignal Plugin for TradeStation2000i?"

Thank you in advance for this request.
              One could try the Russian's that wrote the original commerical program. They don't support it either. however for a price - who knows.

What a country -- the Russians write the program they sell it to eSignal - eSignal gives it away for free - and then they claim that its the dreaded "thirty party software" so they don't have to support it.

Comment

Originally posted by lameyering

The pages that you sent him to send him to TradeStation and TradeStation has re-directed those references to their home page. Please update your references.

Larry
                Thanks Larry. The thread has been updated and the outdated material has been removed.
                Regards,
                Jay F.
                Product Manager

Comment

Originally posted by lameyering
                  What a country -- the Russians write the program they sell it to eSignal - eSignal gives it away for free - and then they claim that its the dreaded "thirty party software" so they don't have to support it.
                  I'm not certain you have your information entirely straight. A few years back, eSignal saw that a need existed for TradeStation 2000i users to recieve historical data from eSignal. They already were using us for real-time data, but could not easily import our historical data into the TS2Ki product. At that time, we contracted TS Support to create a plug-in for TradeStation 2000i that would allow the eSignal data to flow into the product directly from our servers.

ScottJ's message said, "support for this new utility will be limited as our staff has not been trained on the use of Tradestation or the Global Server," was informative in nature; not an avoidance of liability. It is true that our staff is not trained on supporting TradeStation's product, and rightly so. It is also true that knowledge of that product is required to support the aforementioned plug-in.

At this point in time, support of the plug-in is left for the community of eSignal users, and that's what eSignal Central's Forums are about... people getting together to help each other.
                  Regards,
                  Jay F.
                  Product Manager

Comment

Originally posted by Migraine
                    Thank you Jay,

Any suggestions where a Plugin user can obtain technical information regarding the proper configuration documentation?
                    Again thank you
                    Migraine,

This information can be found in the top two posts of the forums. For you convenience, I have also linked them here.

New Plug-in for TS2000i - READ ME FIRST!
                    TS2000i Plug-in FAQ's - READ ME TOO!
                    Regards,
                    Jay F.
                    Product Manager

Comment

Thank you Jay,

This sure is a round robin!

Comment

Originally posted by JayF
                        I'm not certain you have your information entirely straight. A few years back, eSignal saw that a need existed for TradeStation 2000i users to recieve historical data from eSignal. They already were using us for real-time data, but could not easily import our historical data into the TS2Ki product. At that time, we contracted TS Support to create a plug-in for TradeStation 2000i that would allow the eSignal data to flow into the product directly from our servers.

ScottJ's message said, "support for this new utility will be limited as our staff has not been trained on the use of Tradestation or the Global Server," was informative in nature; not an avoidance of liability. It is true that our staff is not trained on supporting TradeStation's product, and rightly so. It is also true that knowledge of that product is required to support the aforementioned plug-in.

At this point in time, support of the plug-in is left for the community of eSignal users, and that's what eSignal Central's Forums are about... people getting together to help each other.
                        Well Jay - if it is not third party software - then Migraine has a very valid point - where is the technical support for the product?

Or, if you like, when is eSignal going to start supporting a product that they distribute? I mean, according to you - "A few years back" - seems to me, like a few years should be long enough for any company to get their act together. Don't ya think?

BTW - TS Support still has the software listed on their site. For a fee you can buy the Uniserver and/or download a trial. However, it doesn't work either and for the fix they refer you to the eSignal download. Which is how I found the thing on eSignal in the first place.

BTW-BTW -- Is TS Support not a Russian company?

BTW-BTW-BTW -- I do happen to know quite a bit about what went down and how and who.

Comment

lameyering,

I understand your side of the discussion; eSignal makes the plug-in available, and thus should support it. I hope that you can in turn understand our side of this.

I mentioned before that in order to provide assistance for the plug-in, a thorough knowledge of both TradeStation 2000i and Global Server is required. In addition, this plug-in is not in the literal sense an eSignal plug-in, but is actually a TradeStation plug-in to enable eSignal historical data to flow into TS2Ki. Again, this is not something our Technical Support department is trained on, nor are there any active plans to do so going foward.

I will be closing this thread as I see these questions answered. If either yourself or Migraine have any specific questions on use of the plug-in, please create a new thread in this forum.
                          Regards,
                          Jay F.
                          Product Manager

Comment

Working...
                          X