New user encounters a "minor?" FX problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New user encounters a "minor?" FX problem

Have used TS since 1996. Just switched to esignal data feed and adjusted Symbol Portfolio. Works fine for futures an indices, but a small problem with FX.
    I treat FXs as "index" a nd use trade records only (tick, 1m. 1 day) and that seems to be the problem. The daily/weekly/monthly charts all take the last print (or tick), not, however, any of the intraday charts. When downloading from e-signal I get them though. What am I doing wrong?

Also, when downloading from esignal, the download performance window remains "empty", i.e. no status visible.

Who can help.

Many thanks

Metafin

Metafin
    You may want to read this thread on Forex setup in TS2k
    Alex

Comment

Thanks Alexis

Hi there,

this was q u i c k !! Many thanks. Had a look... makes sense... shall try tomorrow... and revert if any problems... what about the performance window not showing any details.. any clues?

best regards to "Zorbaland"??

Metafin

Comment

Metafin
        With regards to no data being downloaded that may be due to the fact that FOREX or CFOREX (depending on the version of the Universe database) was not listed in the Plugin in the Used Exchanges for the specific Category you assigned to the symbol
        Alex

Comment

Hi Alex.

Tks. No that´s not the problem. It is downloading ok... it´s just that the download performance window does not show results and progress of the downloading process. that is weird.

best regards,

Metafin

Comment

Metafin
            You may want to post some images of the Settings for that symbol. However before doing that you may want to perhaps try the solutions provided in the thread I indicated earlier.
            Alex

Comment

Ok Alex. I will do that. Come back to you when I am done and still have problems. Many thanks indeed for setting me up so quickly today and have a nice evening.

Metafin (Ulf)

Comment

Ulf
                You are most welcome and the same to you
                Alex

Comment

Hi Alexis,

making fairly good progress with the help of your advice. Thanks again.

Its downloading OK with the plug-in but the problem remains: The download performance window does n o t show any data whatsoever, so I cannot monitor how much is being downloaded and when the download is finished. What do you reckon could the problem be here?

Tks for looking into that for me.

Best regards,

Metafin / Ulf

Comment

Ulf
                    I can't really say what could be causing this because I cannot replicate the problem. The two images below (taken a few seconds apart) illustrate what I am seeing during a download of 1 Tick Bid Record and 1 Minute Trade Record for JPY A0-FX. As you can see the Download Performance window is reporting both the downloaded and processed data
                    Alex

Comment

Hi Alex,

tks for the quick reply. That´s exactly what I did see after first installing the plug-in. But somewhere down the way I lost it. The download performace window is still there but no values. Cud that be a problem of GS (i.e. cud it be adjusted somewhere - I cudn´t find anythingh) or shud I download the plug in again? As u can see I am not very good with these machines called computers

Comment

Ulf
                        As far as I know there isn't anything in GlobalServer that would affect what the Download Performance window will display.
                        You can try reinstalling the Plugin as that is easy enough. Make sure you uninstall the current copy then reboot then reinstall.
                        Alex

Comment

Alex

tks very much.. i´ll do just that (not today though). makes sense since at one point it w a s there.

Ulf

Comment

ALEX (Guru)

well, well - plug-in newly installled. Everything ok now.

Many thanks again for all your competent and speedy help.

Can´t promise though that I will not bother you again.

Take care - best regards,

Ulf

Comment

Working...
                            X