Download from eSignal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

shrek
    Run a search in this forum for continuous contract* and you should find several threads on this subject which will also provide a solution
    Alex

Comment

Thanks. I got it to work. I have a couple more questions.

1) The 1! contracts in eSignal allow you to build backadjusted contracts. Is there any way to do this with the plugin and TS2000i?

2) Take any bar in any time frame. For example, say we are looking at the 09:01 one minute bar. There seems to be a difference between eSignal chart's definition and the plugin/TS2000i's definition of the 09:01 bar.

eSignal Charts (and data export): the 09:01 bar shows the data from 09:01 - 09:02.
      plugin TS2000i: the 09:01 bar shows the data from 09:00 - 09:01.

The data appears to be the same, just that they are labeled differently. Is there any way to synchronize the two?

Thanks.
      Last edited by shrek; 01-31-2006, 06:21 AM.

Comment

shrek
        1) Run a search in this forum for continuous contract* as this subject has been covered before. With regards to back adjusting see GlobalServer's Help file
        2) That is due to the different ways eSignal and TradeStation time stamp the bars. eSignal time stamps a bar at the beginning of the interval and TradeStation at the end.
        Alex

Comment

Thanks for all your help. I very much appreciate it. Just wanted to say this in case it wasn't clear in my other posts. I had been fiddling with this for many hours before my first post here and I wish I came to this forum sooner.

1) I have tried several search terms but have not found anything in GlobalServer's help file in regards to backadjustment calculations. I tried "continuous", "backadjust", etc. Can you tell me which search terms to use?

2) Is there a way to get eSignal and GlobalServer to time stamp the same way? The problem is if I used the "Data Export" feature in eSignal and export the data into a ASCII file, the bars will be stamped at the beginning of the interval. Then if I chart it with TS2000i, TS2000i will think the file is time stamped at the end of the interval, so the plot is incorrect.

Thanks.

Comment

shrek
            1) Try searching for Data, working with. Beyond this please note that while this forum is dedicated to TradeStation it is not intended to provide support for specific TradeStation issues [such as for example how to create back adjusted contracts in TradeStation] but only for issues related to data and/or connectivity with eSignal.
            2) Not to my knowledge.
            Alex

Comment

Working...
            X