intraday historical data download

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• intraday historical data download

Hi Alexis, I have been reading the threads on how to download intaday data from eSignal. I have downloaded the recomended plugin, I have checked if I had the correct dll file in server32 and all seems to be as you indicated. However when I download data on the globalserver from file>download from eSignal, having chosen $indu intraday data range of 500 days and dayly data of 1000 days, it returns the folowing message "you entered a request for intraday data over 180 days long. This could cause some lags in case the eSignal server do not contain data for the required period. Would you like to continue." I respond yes and another message pops up "a critical error occured in Globalserver. Shutting down" and it does shut down. I have tried loading less than 180 intraday data, but the globalserver shuts down as well.

Thanks a lot for your help!

Alex

Alex
    FYI eSignal provides up to a maximum of 120 days of intraday data so regardless of the issue you are experiencing you will not be able to download more than that.
    As to your issue I ran a few tests requesting over 250 days of 1 minute data and while I do get the same warning message the Plugin then proceeds normally to download all the available data. In the process it also issues requests for those periods in which data is not available but once it has completed the requests it just returns a Download Completed message. As is I am unable to replicate the behavior you are seeing.
    The only thing I can suggest at this point is to delete the symbol and try downloading the data again. If the problem should perists you may want to try re-indexing GlobalServer's database as it may be corrupted and as a last resort you may want to try reinstalling TS2k
    Alex

Comment

Thnaks a lot, I'll try your sugestions!!

Comment

Alex
        You are most welcome.
        When you run the next download make sure that the symbol for which you are requesting data is not Connected (assuming GlobalServer is in Online mode). This does not normally cause any problems but at this stage you may just want to take some extra precautions
        Alex

Comment

Working...
        X