TS2000i hx data download

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TS2000i hx data download

I am unable to download historical data from e-signal for my TS2ki Global Server. My attempts are detailed in the following follows:

1. new subscriber to eSignal
    2. new subscriber to Real-Time data feed
    3. my TS2ki (SP5) platform has worked flawlessly for years on historical data. Did not reinstall.
    4. installed Global Server, designating that e-signal will be data vender
    5. rebooted, installed DBC, e-signal component from Omega TS2ki installation disk
    6. installed e-signal primary download from web site
    7. installed eSignalActiveXplugin for TS 2000i 5651.exe
    8. hopeful feelings because everything is progressing well (subjective)
    9. opened Global Server, Start Online, . . . Success
    10. automatic launch of eSignal Data Manager . . . Yes!
    11. hopeful feelings increasing geometrically (subjective)
    12. eSignal Data Manager reads, reception “OK,” Password “OK” (objective)
    13. . . . success! (subjective)
    14. Global Server, “download from eSignal” Left click
    15. check “Futures” (Yes this is how ES #F is designated)
    16. check “5 min”, check “1 day”
    17. set “From” for two weeks earlier for both intraday and daily data settings
    18. checked “distribute data only to symbol selected” (yes it is selected)
    19. more hopeful feelings, optimism, life is good, the birds are singing (subjective)
    20. check “Future”, performance window opens, no selections
    21. select ES #F, CMExchange
    22. pause, drumroll, small experience of in anxiety,
    23. select “OK” ENTER
    24. pause, no visible activity and then. . .
    25. read “A critical error occurred in Global Server, Shutting down.” (objective)
    26. disappointed, it is a long way down (subjective), close window because of bird songs
    27. “I’m a failure, god hates me, who can I sacrifice to appease. . . but which god? life is hard, where is god when I need him/her, is there a god, . . . etc., etc.”
    28. pull self together,
    29. send e-mail, . . . redirected to your forum.. . . .
    30. Read, read, read, . . . Alex seems to have a clue . . .
    31. hopeful feelings that other mere mortals have had success and are more concerned about details than general overall success.
    32. increasing hopefulness and optimism (though not as much as before)
    33. enough emotional reserves (two days later) to try again
    34. repeated steps 1 through 25 paying close attention to the details of the prompts. . . nothing looks tricky here.
    35. disappointment, though not as much as before owing to decreased levels of optimism earlier.
    36. resist urge to break something/someone
    37. Talk to therapist, the usual encouragement to hang in there, … reminders that I have a Ph.D. in one discipline and a M.A. in another (my mom must have lied when she said I was breast fed [various associations that are none of anybody else’s business])
    38. renewed optimism (tempered)
    39. against all male instinct, determine to ask for help, . . . how humiliating
    40. write ridiculous note to distract from humiliation and anxiety (I need a Real-
    Time Data Feed or my life as I know it will be over)
    41. wife asks what I’m writing, tell her its too technical.
    42. Alex (or who ever) I cannot promise that I will regard you as a deity when you can help, but I sure will appreciate it, because it will change my life, deification is in the running.

Thanking you in advance for a job well done.

Mark
    I am not sure I understand what you mean with 6. installed e-signal primary download from web site
    What e-signal primary download are you referring to?
    Aside from trying to download historical data with the Plugin have you verified if you can receive data in real time (ie did you Connect the symbol and open a chart for it in TradeStation)?
    When you tried to download data with the Plugin was the GlobalServer in Online Mode? Also was the symbol Connected and did you have any charts running in TradeStation for that symbol?
    Alex

Comment

Hey Mark,

While I defer to folks like Alex to help with TS 2000i, I've got to say that your post is a worthy candidate for Most Entertaining Post of 2006 (and perhaps 2005)!

Thanks for joining the community and keep that humor flowing!

Comment

TS2000i hx download problem

I went back and tried to download major indicies ($SPX, $INDU) and major stocks (AA,MSFT, Etc.)

the result is download performance window showing for received, processed, ignored all = 0 with note "download complete"

Comment

Mark
          Were you trying to download intraday data for those symbols?
          If yes then see this thread for a possible solution to this issue
          Alex

Originally posted by Mark Wilmot
          I went back and tried to download major indicies ($SPX, $INDU) and major stocks (AA,MSFT, Etc.)

the result is download performance window showing for received, processed, ignored all = 0 with note "download complete"

Comment

TS2000i Hx download sad story

Originally posted by Alexis C. Montenegro
            Mark
            (1)I am not sure I understand what you mean with 6. installed e-signal primary download from web site
            What e-signal primary download are you referring to?
            (2) Aside from trying to download historical data with the Plugin have you verified if you can receive data in real time (ie did you Connect the symbol and open a chart for it in TradeStation)?
            (3) When you tried to download data with the Plugin was the GlobalServer in Online Mode? Also was the symbol Connected and did you have any charts running in TradeStation for that symbol?
            Alex
            Alex, thanks for your response
            (1) eSignal_791r4.exe; eSignal 7.9.1
            (2) Yes I have successfully received real-time data during trading hours for same sympols in TS2000i, just not enough Hx data to use my analyses
            (3) now no longer crashing Global server but "download complete" with 0 data received, processed, ignored. same reslut with symbol connencted and disconnected. Same result whether online or offline (I just checked)
            (4) the tougher the problem the greater the chance of deification. I remain hopeful

Comment

Re: TS2000i Hx download sad story

Mark
              With regards to point 3 see my previous reply.
              As to GlobalServer crashing that was probably due to some conflict within GlobalServer's database
              Once you have verified the dbcapi.dll files work and before you attempt another download of historical data for ES #F make sure you Disconnect the symbol (normally it should not be a problem but in this case I would suggest some additional precautions)
              Alex

Originally posted by Mark Wilmot
              Alex, thanks for your response
              (1) eSignal_791r4.exe; eSignal 7.9.1
              (2) Yes I have successfully received real-time data during trading hours for same sympols in TS2000i, just not enough Hx data to use my analyses
              (3) now no longer crashing Global server but "download complete" with 0 data received, processed, ignored. same reslut with symbol connencted and disconnected. Same result whether online or offline (I just checked)
              (4) the tougher the problem the greater the chance of deification. I remain hopeful

Comment

Alex: You are worthy

Originally posted by Alexis C. Montenegro
                Mark
                Were you trying to download intraday data for those symbols?
                If yes then see this thread for a possible solution to this issue
                Alex
                ALEX, YOU ROCK!! VICTORY, SUCCESS, MY LIFE HAS MEANING AGAIN.

the System32 dbcapi.dll transfer did it!!!

YES ALEX You are a god, though not the God, . . . maybe later.

do you prefer votive candles, incense, sacrifices of some type?

Thanks for your help.

Comment

Mark
                  My pleasure and thank you for the compliments.
                  Incense will suffice
                  Alex

Comment

Ditto

Just need to put in my 2 bits worth. Had identical circumstances and problem and same successful conclusion. Thank,s Alex and Mark. Incense is on the way.

Comment

RickW
                      Thank you for the feedback and you are most welcome
                      Alex

Comment

Working...
                      X