problem with Global Server

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• problem with Global Server

I installed both plug-ins. first the older then the other one. Starting eSignal software datafeed is fine but ...

Real-Time Status within Global Server is "connected".
    The problem is, there are no data on my charts. Symbols are installed, time-frame as well, time-window for the exchanges, too.

Anybody who had the same problems and can give me a hint?

If further information is needed, please let me know.

Thanks

cfischer
    When you try to plot one of these symbols what message are you getting in the TradeStation chart? What compression (ie time frame) are you trying to plot? What resolutions are you saving in GlobalServer? Are any of these symbols trading at this time?
    Also did you try downloading some historical data using the Plugin? If yes was that data stored in GlobalServer and for what resolutions?
    You need to provide as many details as you can of all the actions you have performed and if possible include some images of the settings for one of these symbols.
    Alex

Comment

Hi Alex,

first let me answer your questions:

"No data available for the selected date range"

Cash and Forex
      Trade Record: 1 Tick, 1 Minute, 5 Minutes, 1 Day
      Ask and Bid Record: Both 1 Tick

I try to get $esinx, $tick, $trin, $wpcva, $ym, @ym - all are trading since 15:30 european summer time.

Yes, I tried to download some historical data - for the daily about 2 months and for the shorter ones for 3 days.

So far as I can see there are no data stored in the global server.

In the global server performance "Data Feed" there is shown DBC online. When I open that window, there is "eSignal plugin" in the background. I don't know if that's ok.

The parameters in the "download performance " are:
      data vendor: esignal
      received, processed, ignored are all "0"

Attached please find 2 JPGs.
      If you need more information, please let me know.

I will be out for about 1 hour now.

Thanks very much for your help.

Ingrid.
      Attached Files

Comment

Here comes the 2nd one ...
        Attached Files

Comment

Ingrid
          From what I am seeing most of the symbols that you have listed in GlobalServer are not valid.
          For example $ESINX should be IN A0 (if you want the CME cash for the S&P500). $YM and @YM should be YM M6 for the current front month. Also the exchange in this case is CBOT and not CME. With regards to $WPCVA I am not sure what security you want but that symbol does not return any data even in the eSignal application.
          As a first step you may want to make sure that you are using the correct symbols. I would suggest deleting all the existing ones and setting up just one symbol such as for example ES M6 if you have a subscription to the CME e-mini or $INDU if you don't. Both these symbols are listed in GlobalServer's Symbol Universe database which means that they can be easily added to the Portfolio using Add from Dictionary. I would not recommend using YM M6 at this time as it is not listed and requires a manual set up .
          When you are setting up either ES M6 or $INDU set the History to Save as 1 Min Trade Record and 1 Day Trade Record (at least initially)
          Once you have completed the setup and before connecting the symbols try to download some data for them using the Plugin to see if that data is stored in GlobalServer and if you can chart it. If that works then try to connect them and see if they update in real time.
          Alex

Comment

Ingrid
            In your reply you also mention that you are using Forex although I do not see any symbols listed in the Portfolio.
            Anyhow for a detailed set of intructions on how to set up Forex symbols when using GlobalServer/TradeStation with eSignal see this thread
            Alex

Comment

Alex, it works. :-)

I'm sorry about my wrong items but somebody gave them to me for eSignal.

One last question do I have. Can you tell me where I can find item-names/data for wpcva/opra (put/call ratio) etc?

Thanks very much to you for your quick and intensive help.

Have a great weekend.
              Ingrid.

Comment

Ingrid
                Glad to hear it is now working and you are most welcome
                Put/Call ratio is not available at this time in eSignal
                Alex

Comment

EOD DATA

Hi INGRID and ALEX, I'm experiencing problems now... Please help

Hi have the DATA Manager Green Lights, I just signed for EOD DATA. And I do collect LAST DAY DATA in Quote Monitor.

But I only collect data until Feb 10-06 in Global Server and only can plot that day in tradestation. I do change settings to collect until today but there is no new data coming..

I will appreciate your help
                  Attached Files

Comment

Another Graphic!!!
                    Attached Files

Comment

W4RRI8R
                      I am not sure I understand what the problem is. Also I don't know how much assistance I will be able to offer since I do not have an EOD subscription and therefore will not be able to replicate your setup
                      Never the less if you can provide a more detailed description of all the steps I will try to offer some guidance
                      Alex

Comment

Working...
                      X