Can't get intraday data.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Alexis,

The proxy server address change unfortunately did not work for me.
    I was going through the t/shooting in the tradestation forum and I found this-
    Quote-If you see Initialized, the GlobalServer is waiting for a time stamp from the data provider. You should see Connected shortly. Quote

the link to the doc is
    http://www.tradestation2000i.com/sea...DocumentID=650

If you see my attachment in the previous post, the performance page shows 'initialised' and does not go to connected. Is it possible that the global server is waiting for the 'time stamp' as menioned above, which does not come at all? How can I confirm this please?

Comment

rajibde
      The easiest way to verify if the Data Manager is receiving any data is to open a chart in the eSignal program. If it is updating in real time then that would suggest that there is something else preventing a connection between the GlobalServer and the Data Manager. From reading other people's experiences that is usually caused by a firewall, anti-virus or similar application.
      Alex

Comment

Global server problems

rajibde

Did you ever kind an answer to this?

I had this EXACT problem some 3 years ago, I never did find out what problem was but I KNOW it was something to do with NTL broadband as the BT line enabled GS to connect and with NTL it wouldnt.
        I got so fed up with all the problems after a time including the plugin wouldnt work some days and did on others that i used the esignal charts in the end. I have recently reloaded TS, wanting to use them because of the delays in the realtime esignal charts, locking up etc.
        I guess i was lucky as I had both internet feeds, otherwise I woudnt have know one feed made it work and the other didnt! Now this must tell someone something!
        Keith

Comment

Working...
        X